Kyle Bradish 2024

RVAOsFan

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Frobby said:

What an outing!   7 innings of no-hit ball, 11 K’s.  You could tell he was tiring at the end, but he was determined to get through 7 IP.   Ace stuff today.

At the game today where it was truly O’s fan dominant. 

A lot of casual orioles fans who assumed he would come back for the 8th. I know he had topped triple digits but when you have a history making once in a lifetime outing performance and a bullpen that has been unable to lock in a scoreless game, how many of you felt he should have come back out?

Edited by casadeozo

1 minute ago, casadeozo said:

A lot of casual orioles fans who assumed he would come back for the 8th. I know he had topped triple digits but when you have a history making once in a lifetime outing performance and a bullpen that has been unable to lock in a scoreless game, how many of you felt he should have come back out?

He's coming off an injury.

I thought there was zero chance he'd come back out.

1 minute ago, casadeozo said:

At the game today where it was truly O’s Dan dominant. 

lotmof casual orioles fans who assumed he would come back for the 8th. I know he had topped triple digits but when you have a history making once in a lifetime outing performance and a bullpen that has been unable to lock in a scoreless game, how many of you felt he should have come back out?

I'm fine with the hook (as I believe the cast majority of folks are) because even if he gets through the 8th, are you really going to send him back out for another inning sitting 120+ pitches in? It would be a bad look given Bradish recent ucl scare. 

And if you can't trust your bullpen there, then you can't trust it ever. That's what they're paid for.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

He's coming off an injury.

I thought there was zero chance he'd come back out.

Agreed. Pitch count is king. No one I was with at the game today thought he was coming back out

5 minutes ago, casadeozo said:

I was mildly surprised he finished the 7th. Seven IPs was plenty under the circumstances. 

I hated that Bradish got pulled, but I understand it. 

I am a bit surprised it's not caused a lot of controversy here since because Hyde usually gets heat on his pitcher management.  But I guess limiting the pitch count of a no-hit bid a starter who began the season hurt isn't really controversial.

32 minutes ago, gtman55 said:

The ways he's pitched so far this year is better than anyone could have expected coming off his injury.

His stuff has been A+ from the jump. And I don’t know if there has been much content about Bradish’s mentality, but he seems like a focused, tenacious dude. Love it! 

34 minutes ago, Grt 2BA FL Gator said:

His stuff has been A+ from the jump. And I don’t know if there has been much content about Bradish’s mentality, but he seems like a focused, tenacious dude. Love it! 

Tenacious?  Hmmm...   Tenacious B and the pitch of destiny?  🤣

The dude continues to defy the odds. I’m in the camp of folks who expected the absolute worst when we heard/read ucl injury (and given that I don’t believe we’ve ever received more than that divulged from the team) his season so far is all the more impressive.

The three-headed monster of Bradish, Burnes and GrayRod (Irvin, Dean and Means have all produced as well) is extremely formidable. 

1 hour ago, casadeozo said:

The fan in me wanted him to have a chance to pitch a no-hitter.  But I agree that pulling him is the best move for the team in the long run.  With our upcoming schedule you can't afford to burn any of your pitchers out, least of all someone coming back from an injury.  

• Upvote 1

Zero issue with pulling Bradish when they did. No reason to push when he has had a recent elbow scare. It was against the White Sox but man that was a great performance. Great job spotting the FB at 96 and throwing the slider and occasional curves for strikes. The umpire helped a bit.

He hurt himself a bit with the 4 walks also, the GIDP helped shorten the inning but threw more pitches than he would have had to with all of the walks. Great start for him, though, and glad they pulled him after 100+, we need him healthy and not ruining his arm in May.

2 hours ago, gtman55 said:

The ways he's pitched so far this year is better than anyone could have expected coming off his injury.

I only wish Means was healthy to give us a true 6 man rotation...but Bradish IN MY OPINION is the true ace...better than Burnes. If he stays healthy, which is a big IF, he would be the game 1 starter for me..Kevin Brown and I compared him to a vintage Hersheiser in 1988...He's that good. The question is...does he stay healthy?

• Upvote 1