The Main Issue With The Orioles Offense and Approach is its Veteran Hitters - It's Time to Make Changes

4 minutes ago, Since1984 said:

So we should drop Santander from the lineup? He was a top rbi producer in mlb last year and 95 rbi just doesn’t make the cut. Good luck 

But you just keep moving those goalposts. 

First you say 100 rbi, I correct you.

Then you get huffy and task me with finding 25 hitters that had more and when I give you 30 you don't even admit to being wrong and just go on the attack for something I never said.

I was just pointing out you were being factually inaccurate.  For some reason posters have a habit of overstating Santander's accomplishments.

I do find it funny you didn't even have the sense to check last year's RBI leaders.  That's a 30 second Google search.

And I think that Elias and Hyde seem to think it is morally superior to use old people because they are vets and they put time in when the Orioles sucked.  But we don't owe them playing time.  They need to deserve it.  And they also need to fit into the long term plan of the team.  Hays and Santander have zero long term value for the Orioles and Mullins has almost none.  So they need to play the future.  

The disrespectful way we treated Kjerstad is shameful.  We can not find a first round pick at the age 25 who was leading all of AAA in home runs some regular playing time?  

Is just Elias and Hyde and their dumb veterans get all the respect crap.  None of those guys will be on the Oriole roster next year.  So its all so stupid.  

And Odor and how he turned a great DP.  What a load of crap.  Its really this.  They signed the old guy.  They want to use him so the Orioles get a reputation for honoring their contracts to old has beens.  So in the future old has beens will sign with us because they now have the reputation for moving heaven and earth to play the Odors and the Urias's 

12 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

But you just keep moving those goalposts. 

First you say 100 rbi, I correct you.

Then you get huffy and task me with finding 25 hitters that had more and when I give you 30 you don't even admit to being wrong and just go on the attack for something I never said.

I was just pointing out you were being factually inaccurate.  For some reason posters have a habit of overstating Santander's accomplishments.

I do find it funny you didn't even have the sense to check last year's RBI leaders.  That's a 30 second Google search.

The difference of 5 rbis over a course of a season is one flare every six weeks. I call draw. 

Santander is one of the better RBI producers, considering last year.

Should he be dropped from the lineup? Moved? DFA? He clearly isn’t worthy of this team based on the comments of this thread and I certainly disagree b/c of his production history 

1 minute ago, Since1984 said:

The difference of 5 rbis over a course of a season is one flare every six weeks. I call draw. 

Santander is one of the better RBI producers, considering last year.

Should he be dropped from the lineup? Moved? DFA? He clearly isn’t worthy of this team based on the comments of this thread and I certainly disagree b/c of his production history 

I didn't suggest anything of the sort.

I wanted to trade him during the offseason to make room for the young guys.

His numbers are not that bad this season to warrant cutting him.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Orioles0615 said:

"Or, maybe...just maybe, they've got access to information that we don't that suggests that these guys can turn it around.  "

People always say this like there are some secret stats that aren't public. We can see all the same stats they see and see the same video they see.

Wtf? They absolutely have proprietary stats that we don't get to see. I'd think almost every team, if not literally every team, does in 2024.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Let is not forget that you were the biggest proponent of the Os NOT resigning Nelson Cruz.  In fact you argued that as if your life depended on it.  I was the complete opposite.  I wanted him resigned PERIOD. 

I will never forget that because of the complete insanity how STUPID it looks for you.   

Pepperidge Farms remembers as well. 

I'm sorry, but I was the biggest proponent of not resigning Nelson Cruz and you can't take that away from me.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

I will never forget that because of the complete insanity how STUPID it looks for you.  

Hang on, you're calling somebody ELSE stupid? The person you're calling stupid is somebody that is not yourself? Please confirm, thanks.

3 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

A nice night from many of the suspects named in the OP of this thread--

• Santander HR
  • Mateo HR and 2 walks
  • Mountcastle 4 hits
  • Mullins 2 hits
  • Hays 2 hits off the bench

Lol, I was thinking the same thing, this post did not age well. 

5 hours ago, Spy Fox said:

A nice night from many of the suspects named in the OP of this thread--

• Santander HR
  • Mateo HR and 2 walks
  • Mountcastle 4 hits
  • Mullins 2 hits
  • Hays 2 hits off the bench

I was thinking reverse jinx the whole time I was reading the thread