The 2024 Trade Deadline

3 minutes ago, Three Run Homer said:

Why are people arguing about Suarez versus Fedde?  You need 4 good starters in the postseason.  It would be good to have both, and both are way ahead of Povich and Kremer at this point.  

Maybe at this point this is true, but Kremer has by far the best track record of these four pitchers.  The guy has a 3.86 ERA over his last 357 IP since the start of 2022, a stretch of competence that none of the other 3 have ever come close to achieving.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Big Mac said:

Maybe at this point this is true, but Kremer has by far the best track record of these four pitchers.  The guy has a 3.86 ERA over his last 357 IP since the start of 2022, a stretch of competence that none of the other 3 have ever come close to achieving.

Fedde is pitching as good as anyone in the AL.  Suarez is rock solid.  Kremer is a fine regular season arm.  We saw what happened to him last year in the postseason.  

1 minute ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Fedde is pitching as good as anyone in the AL.  Suarez is rock solid.  Kremer is a fine regular season arm.  We saw what happened to him last year in the postseason.  

We saw what happened to GRod in the post season.  Is he just a fine regular season arm or maybe it was just one game?

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Your basing that on one post season start? 😂

6 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

We saw what happened to GRod in the post season.  Is he just a fine regular season arm or maybe it was just one game?

I think we know the difference between GRod and Kremer.  Who would you rather have in a post season game?  

5 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I think we know the difference between GRod and Kremer.  Who would you rather have in a post season game?  

GRod, of course.   You are the one suggesting Kremer can’t pitch in the post season because he had a bad start last year.   

10 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

GRod, of course.   You are the one suggesting Kremer can’t pitch in the post season because he had a bad start last year.   

Nope, that is what you deduced and made a straw man argument.  I really like Kremer.  I just want no parts of Kremer in the postseason.  

3 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Nope, that is what you deduced and made a straw man argument.  I really like Kremer.  I just want no parts of Kremer in the postseason.  

You said Kremer was a fine regular season pitcher but we saw what happened to him in the playoffs.  Now, you’re doubling down saying you want no part of him in the post season.

Are you assigning some amount of weight to his one post season start?   

2 hours ago, Bemorewins said:

I said around .500. As a matter of fact, they are one game under .500 before they played the Astros.

Have you checked out the ERA for the month of July? Spoiler alert ... it's 5.75. 

I know you like to do the "gotcha" thing when it comes to me. But yeah, I checked the facts. 

Since June 21 the day we entered the Astros series, we are allowing 6 runs a game

Is that accurate enough for you?

Yes their ERA July’s  7 games is high but it is almost like there is an outlier in there.  They have given up 38 earned runs in the month and 19 of them game in one game.  The other 6 games they gave up 19 er or just slightly over 3 a game.   The top guys in the rotation and the top bullpen guys have been great this month.  Those will be the guys pitching in the playoffs not Povich, Akin, Tate or Baker.