O's need a loonng start from Irvin today!

wildcard

Posted (edited)

Hyde used 5 relievers two days in a row.     Cano, Webb and Perez were used in back to back days.  So Hyde probably will not use them today.    That leaves Coulombe, Akin, Tate, Kimbrel and Vieira.   But Hyde does not like to use Kimbrel or Tate in back to back games.  I am not saying he won't.   Just that he does not want to.

Vieira is a mop up guy and I would not be surprised to see him DFA'd in the near future to make room for someone who can throw strikes.    

So it's Irvin for 7 innings,  Akin in the 8th and Coulombe in the 9th.  All lefties.   Of course that is not the way it will happen.    

Edited by wildcard
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Hyde used 5 relievers two days in a row.     Cano, Webb and Perez were used in back to back days.  So Hyde probably will not use them today.    That leaves Coulombe, Akin, Tate, Kimbrel and Vieira.   But Hyde does not like to use Kimbrel or Tate in back to back games.  I am not saying he won't.   Just that he does not want to.

Vieira is a mop up guy and I would not be surprised to see him DFA'd in the near future to make room for someone who can throw strikes.    

So it's Irvin for 7 innings,  Akin in the 8th and Coulombe in the 9th.  All lefties.   Of course that is not the way it will happen.    

I don’t get the bit about not liking to use Tate and Kimbrel on back to back days.  Tate pitched yesterday but Kimbrel didn’t.  If it’s a save situation in the 9th you’ll see Kimbrel.

3 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I don’t get the bit about not liking to use Tate and Kimbrel on back to back days.  Tate pitched yesterday but Kimbrel didn’t.  If it’s a save situation in the 9th you’ll see Kimbrel.

Got it.  You are right.

24 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

The Os can’t have a zero in the pen right now. 

You either trust Veiria or he needs to go.

I imagine they are hoping we find another really low leverage opportunity to give him another chance. I would say the same though, that if we need a third reliever today and have to go back to Tate or akin rather than using vieira, he may be looking at a dfa for vespi, heasley or krook. they did just trade for him, so they might want to give him more slack, but our only other option is sending akin or tate down. 

6 minutes ago, OsFanInOhio said:

I imagine they are hoping we find another really low leverage opportunity to give him another chance. I would say the same though, that if we need a third reliever today and have to go back to Tate or akin rather than using vieira, he may be looking at a dfa for vespi, heasley or krook. they did just trade for him, so they might want to give him more slack, but our only other option is sending akin or tate down. 

Vespi  and Heasley have been optioned for 15 days unless there is an injury.

14 minutes ago, interloper said:

They have to DFA Vieria today right? You can't carry this guy in a 30 game stretch that has started off with two short starts.

I have a feeling they will give him one last chance today unless Irvin has a long start. If he craps the bed today, he's gone.

They're often pretty cautious of Irvin facing the third time through the order. He has a lot of games pulled after 5-6 good innings on pretty low pitch counts. Today is definitely a day to buck that trend. 

2 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

They're often pretty cautious of Irvin facing the third time through the order. He has a lot of games pulled after 5-6 good innings on pretty low pitch counts. Today is definitely a day to buck that trend. 

Yeah still haven't forgotten that absolutely nonsensical yank by Hyde in Cincinatti. He can't be pulling any of that BS today.

• Upvote 1