I hope I'm using the right venue for this

Cuellar35

I am a lifetime Orioles fan living in Atlanta.  I'm making my 2nd trip to Baltimore to see the Birds play next Thursday and Friday, and first since Camden Yards opened.  I'm staying near the stadium and was looking for places to eat that are reasonably priced yet good.  Also looking for recommendations on places to visit that are not terribly touristy.  Any ideas?  Thank you in advance.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Go to the Babe Ruth Museum if you are staying close to the stadium.

Aquarium is always good too, if you like that sort of thing.

Plenty of places to eat around the stadium that aren’t too pricey especially if you go down by the harbor area.

But there are a lot of pricey restaurants down there.

Edited by Sports Guy

I’ve always had good luck at Pratt Street Ale House - dating back to when it was Oliver’s. Pretty reliable crab cake sandwich and good beer. 

I haven’t been in roughly 2 years so YMMV and others with more recent experience might have an update.

Pretty cool spot on game day and easy walk before/after the game.

So, I am going to give you a recommendation and I am not from Baltimore.  However as a lifelong Oriole fan I have spent time in Baltimore since before OPACY.  One of my favorites continues to be Sabatino's in Little Italy.  I have dined there maybe 20+ times.  Prices are pretty reasonable.  Place has been there since the 50's.  I expect some locals will come and say there is better.  Maybe.  But it has always scratched my itch quite well.  Good luck.  And if your in town for multiple games, You have to eat at Boog's too...I do once a year.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, foxfield said:

So, I am going to give you a recommendation and I am not from Baltimore.  However as a lifelong Oriole fan I have spent time in Baltimore since before OPACY.  One of my favorites continues to be Sabatino's in Little Italy.  I have dined there maybe 20+ times.  Prices are pretty reasonable.  Place has been there since the 50's.  I expect some locals will come and say there is better.  Maybe.  But it has always scratched my itch quite well.  Good luck.  And if your in town for multiple games, You have to eat at Boog's too...I do once a year.

Endorsed - good.  If early or late in Little Italy Vacarro’s for coffee/baked goods is awesome. Pine Nut cookies are ridiculous.

44 minutes ago, foxfield said:

NOW we're talking.  I'm of Italian heritage and I believe Little Italy is not too far from my  hotel (Lord Baltimore).   Sabatino's sounds right up my alley.  I hope they have a decent veal narsala!!

• Upvote 1

Thank you everyone for all the great recommendations.  it is greatly appreciated!!  Since the Thursday game is a day game and of course the Friday game is at night I'll have plenty of time to explore.  I am really excited to see my Birds.  

• Upvote 1

Hit up Pickles pre-game.  Especially Friday.

Babe Ruth Museum.

Lexington Market is near Poe's grave a few blocks north of OPACY.

ATL aquarium > Baltimore aquarium but worth it if you enjoy that.

Stroll around the inner harbor:  Constellation ship and Federal Hill. 

Ft. McHenry and take the water taxi just to get a feel from the water.  

Baltimore Museum of Industry

Walter's Art Gallery if you're into antiquaties.  It's free.

Get some seafood...  Jimmy's, McCormick/Schmidt, LP Steamers.

Bring some Burger Cookies home for friends/family.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Cuellar35 said:

I am a lifetime Orioles fan living in Atlanta.  I'm making my 2nd trip to Baltimore to see the Birds play next Thursday and Friday, and first since Camden Yards opened.  I'm staying near the stadium and was looking for places to eat that are reasonably priced yet good.  Also looking for recommendations on places to visit that are not terribly touristy.  Any ideas?  Thank you in advance.

Isabella's pizza in Little Italy