June 6 at Toronto.

Gurgi

1 minute ago, TopGunnar said:

Do you want to know what’s pretty sobering. Gunnar Henderson is a .250 hitter. I really really hope that average goes much higher. 

Henderson's line drive percentage has dipped as his home run percentage has soared.

2 minutes ago, TopGunnar said:

Do you want to know what’s pretty sobering. Gunnar Henderson is a .250 hitter. I really really hope that average goes much higher. 

Gunnar hitting .300 would be aesthetically pleasing, and I think he might have it in him down the road, but he had an OPS of .948 going into today. I'm perfectly content with that.

If we pitch Tate today, we can only rely on him to be effective for 1 inning. If you try to get 2 innings, he'll probably get hit around in his 2nd inning.

This is a guy who was out with an injury for the entire 2023 season and he's only just starting to regain some of his arm strength.

7 minutes ago, dtk9119 said:

Exactly. This is what is so frustrating. The Twins were playing really well and above .500 but have totally wet the bed vs NYY this week. The Blow Jays are BELOW .500 and the best we can do against them is a likely split after winning the 1st 2 games. That is why we are slipping further behind 1st place.

Yeah the Twins had some injuries but they’re 15-24 against teams over .500 and 18-4 against teams under .500. That screams pretender to me, so not too surprised NYY is man handling them. 

Obviously the record against below .500 teams can change quickly with a couple sweeps or good series but they’re definitely missing some opportunities to bank more wins. I do think it’s a good sign in the long run that they’re so good against teams over .500, but it’s going to hurt them in the division race until NYY faces better teams and/or cools off. 

I know this is unfair, but the Orioles look like they’re not that interested in playing baseball today. Not working the count, trying to hit the ball out of the park instead of trying to get on base, the defensive lapses. No

4 minutes ago, TopGunnar said:

He was hitting .264 before the game with an xBA of .282 which is in the 85th percentile. He’s been pretty unlucky with his BABIP so far.