Last trip to Oakland, July 5-7, 2024

Frobby

Where's @DirtyBird to downvote everyone that's saying 2/3 is fine?

I hate Oakland.  Hate, hate, hate Oakland.  Every year it seems that they give us fits for no good reason, especially in their place.  And @Frobbythat's not an invite for you to go do research and be like "well, actually" if I'm wrong.  

I can't name 5 players on their team and I'm sure they'll give us fits this weekend. 

But I see Brent Rooker is still on the team.  If he doesn't have 5 homers and 20 RBI against us this weekend, I'll be surprised.

I try to catch at least one game in every series the Os play in Oakland.  I will miss this year.   I live much closer to Sacramento (on the Sierra Nevada foothills side) so those games will be much easier to get to (added bonus is I don't have to drive to Oakland or the Bay Area, in general).  I will not miss the Coliseum.  

48 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

I always worry about the Orioles playing down to. the level of poor or mediocre teams...the fact that we dont have out BEST pitching in this series is one issue...but somehow we struggle with the A's and every game last year in Oakland went down to the wire...anything can happen...I'd love to win 2 of 3...but I'm not convinced we will dominate the A's....also our bullpen is  taxed and some of our pen is poor or mediocre...thats a concern in the late innings..

Sorry but have to point out that wasn’t true last year. We won the first game 9-4 and all of the runs were scored before the 6th inning. And the 3rd game we won on Sunday was 12-1 and was literally over after the 3rd or 4th inning and Bradish threw a gem. The only game that was close was the 2nd game that we won in extra innings. I mean I would certainly take  this outcome again….

2 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

Rooker is severely underrated. I was also really impressed with Gelof when we played them last year. He hasn't been as good this year. Need to get 2 of 3 at least. Yanks have a tough series with BOS so could be an opportunity to extend our lead.

Who underrates Rooker? He's been mentioned in a bunch of trades. It's hard to underrate a guy averaging 141 OPS+ and an .849 OPS over the only two full seasons he's played. Oh, and the 30 HRs a year. 

The A's are my next favorite team of all times...

Anyone read, Hairs vs. Squares. The Mustache Gang, the Big Red Machine, and the Tumultuous Season of 1972?  I've been wanting to.  The 1970's A's were so bizarrely wonderful.  Dan Epstein has a couple books that has some great stories about the A's of that era.  I hate that they were our foils in the early-mid 70's, but I thought I was going to explode with joy as a kid when Reggie Jackson came to the O's.  And then he betrayed me... sack of sh!t. lol  Those were the days. lol

edit - they should be made to play a series in the Coliseum every year until the thing crumbles of it's own disrepair. ;)

Edited by drjohnnyfever1