I'm often depicted as a whiner and worrier so I'd like to break my stereotypes on this page

Wow, I didn’t see that coming.

Like you, I’m not worried about the season.  The O’s will turn it around.  It’s just painful to live through team slumps like this.   

Honestly, I’m thinking that dust-up at the end might be just the thing to snap the team out of it.  We’ll see. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

I don’t think many people are worried but there are some things to monitor. 

CF, backup catcher, 3-5 starters, leverage reliever.

My last thing is more of a personal worry. Ever since Gunnar wore those stupid cleats on SNB he’s been struggling. Not just at the plate but his defense has taken a hit. Last night he wore that stupid cowboy outfit to the game. Stardom is a hard thing to navigate. He went from being a relatively unknown southern boy to a mega star being pushed by MLB. I believe in the kid but staying grounded is important at the moment.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

I don’t think many people are worried but there are some things to monitor. 

CF, backup catcher, 3-5 starters, leverage reliever.

My last thing is more of a personal worry. Ever since Gunnar wore those stupid cleats on SNB he’s been struggling. Not just at the plate but his defense has taken a hit. Last night he wore that stupid cowboy outfit to the game. Stardom is a hard thing to navigate. He went from being a relatively unknown southern boy to a mega star being pushed by MLB. I believe in the kid but staying grounded is important at the moment.

As you probably believe, superstition and "curses" are mostly made up and not really a thing. If cleats caused a slight tailspin(he's hitting .276 in the last 7 games) then he can break the "curse ", by stomping on those cleats.I'd rather he stomp on opposing pitchers. Hell he has the ability to do that barefoot.

23 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

As you probably believe, superstition and "curses" are mostly made up and not really a thing. If cleats caused a slight tailspin(he's hitting .276 in the last 7 games) then he can break the "curse ", by stomping on those cleats.I'd rather he stomp on opposing pitchers. Hell he has the ability to do that barefoot.

Roy , you’re just being an Orioles fan just like the rest of us are . I enjoyed reading your posts . Keep it up 👍🏻 

• Upvote 1

I can envision a scenario where them hitting Heston last night and chirping from the dugout where they get some fire in their bellies and say eff them. Come back today and kick the snot out of the Yankees and then Sunday do the same and throw at one of their guys late in the Sunday game. Use that fire going into the second half. There may be a brawl coming, I just hope no one gets hurt and they use their emotions to come out strong after the AS break. 

Wow, good day sunshine Roy! I've got a feeling too Roy. The season can be a long and lonely road with lots of yer blues along the way. It won't be long before we can act naturally, and get back to where we once belong so we will be getting so much better all the time. 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, sevastras said:

I can envision a scenario where them hitting Heston last night and chirping from the dugout where they get some fire in their bellies and say eff them. Come back today and kick the snot out of the Yankees and then Sunday do the same and throw at one of their guys late in the Sunday game. Use that fire going into the second half. There may be a brawl coming, I just hope no one gets hurt and they use their emotions to come out strong after the AS break. 

Let's not retaliate. I enjoy a good brawl, but these MFYs will be as sanctimonious as Boston was in 2011 saying that we're going after their guys. Of course, we were far from contending back then. Fair or unfair, we will get the negative reputation around baseball for hitting their guys even if they deserve it. They'll always be able to point to Seager and Bellinger getting hurt by us. Let's just kick their butts so hard on the field that they come out sideways.