8/11 @Tampa Bay

eddie83

Just now, accinfo said:

Does anyone know why the White Sox and Cubs have an off day on a Sunday?  I don’t remember that ever happening before.

Yeah. It’s rare. It’s due to interleague schedule. You play “rival” teams twice at home and away. I think next year it changes. So when they play over weekend there can be a Sunday off day. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, accinfo said:

Does anyone know why the White Sox and Cubs have an off day on a Sunday?  I don’t remember that ever happening before.

Apparently they played a 2 game series Friday and Saturday.   So did SL/KC.   All are off today.

Your interleague rival (like the Nats are for us), under the current scheudle, you play 2 home and 2 away.   

That's why we have 2 off days tis week -- we host the Nats Tue/Wed.

Next year they have changed it a bit, you will play 3&3 vs your designated rival.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

Yeah. It’s rare. It’s due to interleague schedule. You play “rival” teams twice at home and away. I think next year it changes. So when they play over weekend there can be a Sunday off day. 

Thanks.  I would think a team wouldn’t want to give up a Sunday for just attendance reasons.

Just now, accinfo said:

Thanks.  I would think a team wouldn’t want to give up a Sunday for just attendance reasons.

Yeah. I’m guessing maybe players prefer it. Extra off day before travel. I guess Friday attendance may be better than Sundays. 

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

O’Hearn for Mayo. Will burn 2 players.  Another reason why Mullins didn’t come in. 

I don't know who is out and available in the TB pen.

But if you don't think you will see another lefty, you could keep O'Hearn in the game at first base and put Urias in Mountcastle's spot.

Just now, SteveA said:

I don't know who is out and available in the TB pen.

But if you don't think you will see another lefty, you could keep O'Hearn in the game at first base and put Urias in Mountcastle's spot.

True. Looks like Ryan staying in.