8/13 - Nationals vs Orioles

86this

3 minutes ago, Wavetrapper said:

No adversity last year to speak of.   Having to work at it now.  

He wasn’t a better manager last year than this year. His decisions were not any better last year than this year. it’s just that the team wasn’t as sloppy.

Just now, LGOrioles said:

It’s one thing to lose. It’s another to lose multiple times a week while looking like crap in multiple facets of the game. 

This team hasn’t looked good in nearly 2 months. That’s not a playoff team. This is an average team right now. 

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

Ok. I’ll play along. Is that Hyde’s fault ?

I can't really put too much of the blame on Hyde.  The O's had extreme luck in 2022 and 2023 picking up pitchers off the waiver wire.  It wouldn't be a wise strategy to expect that to continue.  The O's should have picked up an additional relief pitcher in the offseason.  A lot of it has to do with Hyde has about 3 somewhat reliable relievers and 5 relievers that are from bad to doo doo.  I don't know that any manager could close out games w/ this bullpen.  I'm just frustrated as an O's fan watching the implosion unfold, that I expected.

5 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Ok. I’ll play along. Is that Hyde’s fault ?

Hyde’s job is to use the pitchers he has effectively and he doesn’t.

I would really like to know how much input he has on which guys are on the roster, because somebody has a lot of blame for that, but at the moment he gets a pass on that. But the guys he does have both the pitching and the position guys. That’s on him. 

Just now, HowAboutThat said:

Hyde’s job is to use the pitchers he has effectively and he doesn’t.

I would really like to know how much input he has on which guys are on the roster, because somebody has a lot of blame for that, but at the moment he gets a pass on that. But the guys he does have both the pitching and the position guys. That’s on him. 

People bitch about the entire pen being bad and then it’s the managers fault. 

1 minute ago, LookitsPuck said:

This team hasn’t looked good in nearly 2 months. That’s not a playoff team. This is an average team right now. 

Thankfully they usually win when they have a decent starting pitcher. 

I will be surprised if they make the playoffs at this point.   
They are lousy in every phase of the game.  
We are only where we are because other teams scuffing.  
Not sustainable 

• Downvote 1

I agree but most of the winning teams right now look similar to us. It’s going to come down to who’s hot and playing well going into the playoffs. 
Just need to make sure we have a seat at the table.