White Sox Series

Uli2001

2 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

This series has been exactly what the doctor ordered. 

It was nice to see the O's score 9 runs w/o the benefit of a HR.  Hopefully that will carry over to Wednesday game.  The O's had a lot of walks too although it seems that was mostly because the White Sox starter was nowhere near the plate (unable to watch game).

5 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

This series has been exactly what the doctor ordered. 

So far.   A 2-1 split would be a huge letdown after spanking the White Sox so badly in the first two games.  Finish the job!   

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, O's84 said:

Their pitcher Jonathan Cannon will make his first start in September.  He has been awful in August putting up a 6.31 ERA in 25.2 IP and opponents are OPS 'ing .906 against him.

I’m afraid he’s going to give us trouble.   He throws strikes and doesn’t give up many homers.   He also doesn’t strike out many guys.   That suggests we’ll need to put multiple hits together to make a rally.   Not exactly our strong point.    Hopefully, we knock him out early and put up another big inning but we might need our pitching to shut them down again.

3 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I’m afraid he’s going to give us trouble.   He throws strikes and doesn’t give up many homers.   He also doesn’t strike out many guys.   That suggests we’ll need to put multiple hits together to make a rally.   Not exactly our strong point.    Hopefully, we knock him out early and put up another big inning but we might need our pitching to shut them down again.

Well, so long as we can hit some pop ups, we can count on the White Sox to botch a few of those into runs for us.  

-76 Rtot, -87 Rdrs, -35 OAA.   Pick a metric, they stink.   

And it’s not even just this year.  Their defense has sucked for years now.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

Is he a lefty?

24 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Is he a lefty?

Righty.

He does a decent job with walks and barrel%….top 2/3 in hard hit rate.(in a good way). It generally speaking, all of his numbers are pretty awful.

Id imagine he won’t do a lot to beat himself (ie walks, WP, HBP) but we should hit him.

• Upvote 1

I didn't really know what to expect from the Sox this series...I mean, sure, they're bad but I figured they'd MAYBE be a bit competitive but...my God are they bad.  They are SO bad.  They're going to set the record for most losses in a season and probably worst run differential of all time and they'll deserve every bit of it.  

21 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I didn't really know what to expect from the Sox this series...I mean, sure, they're bad but I figured they'd MAYBE be a bit competitive but...my God are they bad.  They are SO bad.  They're going to set the record for most losses in a season and probably worst run differential of all time and they'll deserve every bit of it.  

Yep.  That’s why I said anything but a sweep is a disappointment.  

I said my expectation was 7-2 in these 9 games. I’m not sure why people pushed back against that. Even if the Os weren’t playing like the 27 Yankees, 2 out of 3 vs Colorado and TB and sweeping the worst team in 130 years should have been everyone’s expectation.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Yep.  That’s why I said anything but a sweep is a disappointment.  

I said my expectation was 7-2 in these 9 games. I’m not sure why people pushed back against that. Even if the Os weren’t playing like the 27 Yankees, 2 out of 3 vs Colorado and TB and sweeping the worst team in 130 years should have been everyone’s expectation.

First of all, it's fun to push back against you 🤣

But speaking for myself, I just thought with the way things have been going lately, all the injuries and disappointments, they'd let one slip away.  They still have to finish the job tonight but they should be super confident that they can.  And they should, especially with Suarez going against their AA lineup tonight.