White Sox Series

Uli2001

7 minutes ago, dystopia said:

I applaud your restraint for not going back over there and rubbing it in their faces. I'm sure SG would be doing it if he hadn't gotten banned.

He got banned there?  LOL, I didn’t know that!  He actually was pretty well behaved there from what I saw (relatively speaking).   But honestly, no matter how obnoxious some of the people on that board were, I feel genuinely sorry for them.  Their team is unspeakably awful and the organization seems to have no coherent rebuilding plan.  Their clubhouse culture is horrible in a way ours never was.   So I wouldn’t go there to rub it in.

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

He got banned there?  LOL, I didn’t know that!  He actually was pretty well behaved there from what I saw (relatively speaking).   But honestly, no matter how obnoxious some of the people on that board were, I feel genuinely sorry for them.  Their team is unspeakably awful and the organization seems to have no coherent rebuilding plan.  Their clubhouse culture is horrible in a way ours never was.   So I wouldn’t go there to rub it in.

He didn’t get banned for bad language or any of the usual infractions.    Let’s just say they OnlyOneOrioled him.

6 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Need is a relative term. If you want to win the division and it’s a really close race, you need to beat up on the teams you are supposed to beat. I get it that you have this notion that winning series is what matters and while that boring cliche is mostly true, it’s not true when playing the worst team in MLB history. 

Look at this team. They do nothing well. They Are garbage across the board. 

Cant lose to them.  Now, if they lose tonight does that mean they can’t win the division?  No it doesn’t. But a loss tonight makes it harder and losing to this minor league team would be embarrrassing.

This is one of those series where I don’t even take any good away from it. I’m glad the Os are doing what they should but unless guys are gaining confidence, I don’t have anymore confidence in this team to win the next series because they are beating up on this team.

Its the type of series where only negatives can be taken from it.

Just to be clear, I don’t really disagree with any of this.  IMO, going 4-2 against the Rockies and Rays should be the harder part of your 7-2.

Having said that, let’s not take beating  the White Sox today for granted.  Get it done!

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

He didn’t get banned for bad language or any of the usual infractions.    Let’s just say they OnlyOneOrioled him.

I saw SG get a little feisty and SGish over there at times, but honestly several of their own posters were far more rude.  Whatever.  I doubt SG is losing any sleep over it.  

9 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Yea I did. They didn’t like it that I threw their bs back in their faces. They were fine being the attackers but the not the attackees.

Whats funny is everything I said to them has come true. They told me Kopech would start..I said he would relieve. I told them they should trade Robert after his career year..they laughed. I said they were going to be terrible and while most agreed, some thought they would be a lot better. I told them that they weren’t going to get top 25 guys for cease..they didn’t. 

They mocked me because I said Elias isn’t trading Mayo or Basallo..he hasn’t and likely won’t.(and obviously wouldn’t deal him for cease)

13 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

I predict some of us will be back over there talking Crochet this winter.

I appreciated what @Chicago White Soxbrought to our conversations last year.

Holliday, Mayo and Basallo will continue to be unavailable in that discussion, and Elias may or may not be reminding Chris Getz to check out the Aberdeen games this week.

I did like that guy too. There were a few good posters over on that board for sure.

22 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I saw SG get a little feisty and SGish over there at times, but honestly several of their own posters were far more rude.  Whatever.  I doubt SG is losing any sleep over it.  

Something tells me SG is incapable of losing sleep over anything.

2 minutes ago, interloper said:

This series is doing wonders for our run differential so far. 

Having a guy like Nastrini start a game reminded me a lot of the dark years, or the very early Elias years where we were just throwing whoever out there. 

Didn’t our guy have an ERA equal to Nastrini before last night’s game and Nastrini had actually pitched better than Povich his last two starts?

6 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I did like that guy too. There were a few good posters over on that board for sure.

I like Crochet, but i'm a little wary of him as well. I can't put my finger on it but something about him makes me not want to give up the farm for him. 

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Didn’t our guy have an ERA equal to Nastrini before last night’s game and Nastrini had actually pitched better than Povich his last two starts?

Sure, but that's still a tiny sample and Nastrini has had the worse walk rate I believe. 

5 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Nastrini was about a half-run worse than Povich at the major league level, but about 1.75 runs worse in AAA.   

As bad as Povich has looked at times, I never saw him hit the backstop on the fly three times in less than two innings.  That said, he could have escaped with 4 runs in 2 IP if his 3B and LF hadn’t collided on a routine high fly to shallow LF.

11 minutes ago, SilentJames said:

I like Crochet, but i'm a little wary of him as well. I can't put my finger on it but something about him makes me not want to give up the farm for him. 

The idea that he wanted a financial guarantee before he would agree to increase his workload beyond what he and the team had decided on earlier in the year?