9/3 vs White Sox.

Baseball fandom

1 hour ago, rm5678 said:

Tonight's MASN broadcast will be "Statcast Night". Alex Fast from MLB will be in the booth, I believe for the whole game. And Sig Mejdal will be joining them at some point too.

Thanks. I was just about to ask who the quiet, monotone voice guy was.

21 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

I think Povich lasts less than 4 tonight...even against the horrible Chisox.The question is, can we score on their pitcher who has had some decent games lately, but also has horrendous numbers?

Thanx Roy.

10 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

I have extremely low expectations for our club tonight.Our pitcher has been mostly awful ..but so has theirs...except in his last outing he pitched REALLY well...

What a surprise, you expect  a bad outome.

Next thing you know Cynbeth will shock us all and say we are going to lose too.

Must be a day ending in a Y.

• Thanks 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Career earnings to this point is $126 million, so don't feel too bad for him. 
    • I would not look at these numbers in a vacuum. There many intangibles that come into play regarding the injuries that may have contributed to the drop in performance from players. Not to mention players like Adley that appear to be playing through nagging injuries. 
    • Unfortunately, it was time. Too late in the season to see if he fix himself and no way was he going to be counted on in any big situations the rest of the year or the playoffs.  I think he was a good guy who was at the end of the his career.
    • If they would make a change which I don't think they will the guy who was getting a lot of love around the league at one time was Carlos Beltran. Of course that was before he was part of the Astros scandal. 
    • Holliday and Mayo being completely useless has really been the dagger for me.  We saw scores of posts on here that they should be called up because they can at least out produce player X - well, that has turned out be way off base, because these two can't out produce anybody. I had been thinking that at least one if not both them would be useful if not vital cogs in the bottom of the line up at this point.  Instead, Livan Soto and Emmanuel Rivera are running laps around them from a production standpoint, FFS.  Urias and Mateo right around 1 bWAR each (if I'm reading the table  at BBref correctly).  We miss those guys way more than most people who wanted to DFA them early in the season would have thought.  I don't think there's any question they are around next year - Elias will be paranoid AF about position player depth now, and rightfully so.
    • Personally I'm on he fence. Injuries have to be under consideration but man have they fallen apart. I'm fine giving him another year or letting him go either way. 
    • The offense didn't collapse because of losing Mateo and Urias. The culprits in no particular order: - Norby being traded when he was sorely needed for depth. Elias was reckless to give him away when an injury to any of Westburg, Gunnar, Holliday, Santander, Cowser, Mullins would have opened up regular playing time for Norby, and Norby should have been playing more before he was traded anyway, especially given this team's unbalanced makeup in favor of left-handed hitters. I've been advocating for Norby playing more all season (including over Mateo at 2B), even saying mutliple times and at multiple points in the season that he should have made the Opening Day roster over Tony Kemp. - Adley cratering to be one of the literal 5 worst hitters in MLB for a stretch in the second half, perhaps due to injury. - O'Hearn collapsing in the second half for a 2nd straight season. I criticized Elias for both bringing him back to block other younger players at DH (Norby, Kjerstad, Mayo) and also for not selling high on him and trading him prior to the deadline. - The Eloy acquisition being a waste of time and waste of the DH spot when he starts, as I also stated at the time the trade was made. Eloy has sucked hard for the past month, and he should be released next. - Santander is a streaky and fairly one dimensional hitter. When he's not hitting home runs, he doesn't add much value in terms of reaching base. He cooled off considerably right around the time the offense sunk to a new low over the most recent few weeks. Gunnar can't carry the offense by himself when Adley and O'Hearn have been sinking the lineup in the top 4 spots most of July, August, and September. 
  • Popular Contributors