9/3 vs White Sox.

Baseball fandom

Just now, Aristotelian said:

We really are pitching Kimbrel in a 9-0 blowout. I feel bad for the guy but that is absolutely the best role for him if he has any chance of helping the team

I don't feel bad for him.

He's never struck me as the type to deserve sympathy.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Tony-OH said:

I feel bad for Kimbrel. I think he's probably a pretty good guy. He always seems to be out in the community. I'm sure it's not from a lack of caring.

I am sure he's a professional. He's being paid well to pitch.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Uli2001 said:

That must be demoralizing to Kimbrel, but hey, that's why they say: there's no crying in baseball.

I'd rather Kimbrel get demoralized than the whole team get demoralized by Kimbrel coughing up a lead or blowing the chance to win a tied or close game again.   🙂

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I think the writing was on the wall after Hyde let him get torched last night. He's completely snakebit. It's gotta be in his head. How many times has he come in and get the first two outs relatively easy and then just implodes?
    • I've been adamant that at some point, CK may have realized that this is probably his last year in a big league uniform. Whether that meant that he was overextending himself early then faltered due to fatigue, loss of control/command, etc.. I cannot say but I do wonder if that realization followed by a demotion, lead to him not caring as much. I mean, he's made his money for this year. Some of the rumors about clubhouse stuff, I could see CK being at the center of that, even if not necessarily by his own doing but if others on the team felt like he received preferential treatment or if they felt he was being treated unfairly a la the James McCann and Burnes comments about him not making the All-Star team. I'm speculating of course and probably somewhat irresponsibly repeating unfound rumors but I could see there being a division of the clubhouse (youngins / vets) around a guy like CK with how he has been managed. Whoever posted that Hyde and Elias were divided on Kimbrell, can you elaborate on that? Who was in favor of moving CK and who was in favor of keeping him?  
    • I kind of believe in baseball magic, and in watching Detroit this past week or so, they have that magic right now.  9-1 for them, if they sweep us this weekend, is much more realistic than people are giving credit for.  Now, chances are we win at least one over the weekend, just like in Detroit, and that might be enough to do them in.  But acting like that is a certainty is foolish, in my opinion. And if Detroit passes us, the other two could as well - especially MN, who will get three games against us to finish off whatever gap there might be in that last weekend. The O's are a bad team right now.  3-8 for a bad team is asking more than a lot of folks here care to admit.  Yes its possible we can win the next two vs SF and then take 2/3 from the Tigers, but what has anyone seen recently to think we are going to win 4 out of 5, or even 3 out of the next 5? All that being said, the narrative that the team has 'packed it in' or is looking forward to tee times is way out of line and over the top.  Its not lack of effort here, its lack of ability and/or good players in a bad spot.  If you really think they don't care, I don't know what to tell you other than give me a break.
    • Anybody know if Kimbrel will still get his $1M buyout for opting out of 2025?
    • They have always had value
    • This isn’t a huge deal as he could be replacing Smith, after he went a few innings yesterday but there is some speculation that Cano is hurt, as we have not seen him pitch for a week.   
    • it's time for Hyde to move on, he should walk away with his head held high before this weekend. He has given all he can and is no use to the team.
  • Popular Contributors