O's sprint percentile

wildcard

13 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

The second biggest surprise to me on this list,  after Kjerstad, is Holliday.  Is he faster than Henderson, Westburg, and Cowser?

I have my doubts.  He hit a triple in Colorado and I timed him at 11.3 seconds home to third.   I timed Gunnar at 10.8 earlier this year.   Now that’s one trip around the bases, while Statcast is looking at a much bigger sample, but a half-second gap is a lot.   

Edited by Frobby

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I have my doubts.  He hit a triple in Colorado and I timed him at 13.3 seconds home to third.   I timed Gunnar at 10.8 earlier this year.   Now that’s one trip around the bases, while Statcast is looking at a much bigger sample, but a half-second gap is a lot.   

To be fair, if I recall correctly, he wasn't booking it until the carom off the wall got away from the fielder.

2 minutes ago, ledzepp8 said:

To be fair, if I recall correctly, he wasn't booking it until the carom off the wall got away from the fielder.

Has to be something going on there.  LOL

Come on @Frobby!

Do we really think Gunnar is 2.5 seconds faster than Holliday going first to third, all things being equal?

3 minutes ago, ledzepp8 said:

Could be.    If so, he should have been running harder, like Gunnar does pretty much every time.  

Just now, RZNJ said:

Has to be something going on there.  LOL

Come on @Frobby!

Do we really think Gunnar is 2.5 seconds faster than Holliday going first to third, all things being equal?

I mistyped that.  I meant 11.3, not 13.3.  That’s why I referred to a “half-second gap.”  I will fix it.  

3 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Correct

I still think him having a role on the playoff roster is likely.

I think this is a possibility.

Forrest Wall stoled 52 bases in 60 attempts at AAA in 2023.   He could be the pinch runner in the playoffs that the O's are missing with Mateo being on the IL.

37 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I think this is a possibility.

Forrest Wall stoled 52 bases in 60 attempts at AAA in 2023.   He could be the pinch runner in the playoffs that the O's are missing with Mateo being on the IL.

Yea that’s my thinking. We don’t really have that guy on this team right now and I do think having someone like that is valuable.