Tigers Series I

Spy Fox

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Look, I'm not about to anoint Livan Soto as some kind of a savior but he did more tonight than Jackson Holliday has done in two weeks combined.

I'm as big of a Holliday believer on this board as anyone else is, but my goodness he's not ready right now and it shows.  Soto needs to be the starting 2nd baseman from here on out until he shows he's as bad as Holliday is right now.

No doubt. Keep playing the kid. Clearly his glove is superior.  

7 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Look, I'm not about to anoint Livan Soto as some kind of a savior but he did more tonight than Jackson Holliday has done in two weeks combined.

I'm as big of a Holliday believer on this board as anyone else is, but my goodness he's not ready right now and it shows.  Soto needs to be the starting 2nd baseman from here on out until he shows he's as bad as Holliday is right now.

I think you might mean Livan "Lou Gehrig" Soto.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I agree, play Livan at 2B until Urias and Westburg are back.  At least his defense is steady.  

16 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Anything at the plate is a bonus. His defense alone warrants playing him right now. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I know that you may have just chose the wrong term but it wasn't an opt out. That's when the player can terminate a deal "early." It was a buy out. Which the team pays for not exercising the player's (team) option. 
    • While Hyde is not perfect, it's not his fault has has Jimenez, Rivera, Soto, Slater on his roster and two rookie position players hitting like pitchers. He's also lost 4/5th of his expected rotation going into the season, the closer his GM gave him had to be released and his two of his three best relievers (Coloumbe and Webb) have spent significant time on the IL. So no, I don't think he's in any hotseat at all, nor should he be.
    • I don't think we (Elias) goes into next year counting on Holliday or Mayo. Cowser and Special K maybe.  Hence, I think we will be shopping for more than just pitching. That's why I said in other threads, this offseason will be interesting particularly with (hopefully) a bigger budget.   
    • There wasn't much angst about Adley also probably because just over 1 month into his career his OPS broke .700 after he hit his third home run.  And it doesn't hurt that he is a catcher, and I would assume everyone is more patient with a player who plays the most important defensive position on the field.  It's crazy to think that Adley was somehow disappointing in his first season because he struggled his first month in the league.  It took Mike Trout nearly two months to break a .700 OPS in his rookie season.  And for the month of September/October that season he didn't even break a .500 OPS.  A-Rod didn't crack a .500 OPS his first year in the majors (less than 50 PAs), and in his second season he didn't crack .700.  These guys had tremendous talent, but they were promoted at such a young age and with such high expectations that we're all expecting too much too soon. People think top prospects should crush the ball like Juan Soto did as soon as they hit the majors.  Sometimes that happens but it's got to be pretty rare, maybe even rarer today than in years past. My own personal opinion about Holliday and Mayo is that they aren't quite ready.  They're on the Orioles really because of injuries to other players.  Holliday especially has way too much in the way of expectations on his shoulders.  These guys need some more time.    
    • Yes, it's in the contract. If some other team picks him up on waivers, that team would assume the contract.   Of course that won't happen. Otherwise, the Orioles are responsible for paying him the contract they signed him to.
    • I sure hope Cano is just being given a bit of a break since the Orioles rally haven't needed him much with as bad as they've been playing.
    • Yeah I don't think the taxi squad thing eliminates the Cano possibility at all.  Cano needs to pitch tonight or else I'm assuming something's up.
  • Popular Contributors