Tigers Series I

Spy Fox

3 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

This team as constructed isn’t good. 

Exactly. We are not the team from June or even July. Not sure why we (myself included) keep expecting anything other than what we've seen. We are a team with a middle of the pack rotation, middle of the pack bullpen, below average defense and horrendous offense as currently constructed. The one thing that I will say in a 3 game playoff series is that with Burnes and Eflin, we could get games 1 and 2 against anyone. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Like so many guys the Orioles have picked up over the years. There's a thread on the history board, but more specifically, here are former quality MLB players that came to Baltimore late in their career and never played a single game after we got rid of them.... so they basically came here to die: Craig Kimbrel [if ne never pitches in the majors again which I think is likely] Tony Kemp [if he never plays in the majors again] Matt Harvey Dan Straily Vlad Guerrero Keith Moreland Colby Rasmus Dwight Evans Ubaldo Jiminez Robinson Chirinos Pedro Alvarez Seth Smith Michael Bourn Joe Saunders (the second time we picked him up) Jim Thome
    • Wasn’t there a tweet from a Sun reporter that Cano is available tonight but had been experiencing forearm pain?  Ominous.
    • How possible is that Juan Soto will come to Baltimore???  The Yankees will pay him whatever he wants!
    • It’s not like catcher where we always have a taxi squad guy.  We only have other players on taxi squad when there is a concern with a specific player. For instance, we had Daniel Johnson when Mullins and Mountcastle were banged up. That being said, if Cano was definitely hurt they would have already made a move.
    • I've seen it multiple times on ground balls with Jimenez and Slater. I believe it was Jimenez last night. My favorite part about this team might be Gunnar's hustle out of the box. He puts pressure on teams. Did so a couple of days ago on a routine grounder to 2nd. Cowser won a game by beating out a play at first a couple of weeks ago. Then new guys came in and it's like they brought their culture. I could be reading too much into it, but I need a manager to step up and shut that down. 
    • And I said this before but I'll say it again.  IF they were to move on from Hyde, it would be Buck Britton, and I don't think there would even be a search beyond him.  I thought Gunnar picking him for his HR Derby pitcher spoke volumes about the respect these more recent AAA guys have for Buck. How many played for him down in Norfolk, at least for a bit (some for a good while)?  Gunnar, Cowser, Adley, Holliday, Mayo, Westburg, Kjerstad, Basallo (since we're talking next year, that's possibly relevant), several pitchers.  Its the core of the team.  It would be the only move that I could see MAYBE happening - Hyde for Britton.  But I still doubt that very much.
  • Popular Contributors