FIX THE DANG HITTING!

DocJJ

1 minute ago, HbgOsFan said:

Thank god we wasted 6 years of control of Messrs. Ortiz and Hall.  Mr Burnes  did what he was supposed to do.  Good luck in his future endeavours - gave us a great game.

so frustrated

Yeah, he did what we brought him here for. 

Just now, emmett16 said:

The fact McCann started a playoff game is just a monumental fail.  It’s almost laughable.  

How?  McCann has hit well lately.  And practically everyone on the team has outhit Adley since the All Star break.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, emmett16 said:

The fact McCann started a playoff game is just a monumental fail.  It’s almost laughable.  

This. Absolutely ridiculous he was starting. He’s their worst hitter on the team. Doesn’t matter if he finished the season well. He’s the last guy you want up in an important AB (besides maybe Holliday). Unsurprisingly, he has 2 very important AB’s and completely butchers both of them. Awful lineup management. 

Santander for all of his HRs wasn't even at 3 WAR for the year. Other than Henderson, everyone underperformed compared to my expectations. We need big changes in the off-season. I'd consider trading Henderson for a ransom. I don't think we have the team to win a World Series next year. 

Both Mayo and Holiday were absolutely atrocious when they got called up, Adley regressed, Ced can't hit anymore, and Cowser strikes out a ton and will never hit for average. I still hold out hope for Jordan, but I'm fine with getting rid of Mountcastle and O'Hearn. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, drjohnnyfever1 said:

The getting the bat on the ball and the ball in play team that we fielded last year, compared to this team is striking.

This. I loved 2022 and 2023 teams even though they didn’t hit dingers. I felt like the offense was balanced and we were young and these guys were gonna give us good ABs. Now we’ve descended into HR or bust once again, a la 2016. And I think Adley’s demise looms large here. 

Edited by Grt 2BA FL Gator
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, gtman55 said:

You aren't seriously blaming this loss on Burnes? 

I'll blame whoever I want. Burnes. Gunnar. Lew Ford.  The ghost of George Brett even though he's not dead.  I just want them to win a playoff game, is that too much to ask?

Of course I'm not blaming Burnes, he was great, but it's ok to say that was a bad sequence.

18 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

I'll blame whoever I want. Burnes. Gunnar. Lew Ford.  The ghost of George Brett even though he's not dead.  I just want them to win a playoff game, is that too much to ask?

Of course I'm not blaming Burnes, he was great, but it's ok to say that was a bad sequence.

It was an awful decision and equally awful execution. 

I suggested after last season the Orioles should consider getting a .800+ OPS type bat for DH, 1B or corner outfield. I think it might be even more warranted now.

I was hoping Adley might have some Gary Carter like seasons, but after this year I don’t know what to think. I hope he bounces back in 2025, but my expectations are lowered. Holliday and Mayo might end up being valuable players, but you can’t expect much from then next season. 

I want a type of hitter who can anchor the lineup and that isn’t going to be Santander or Mountcastle. Maybe Westburg can step up. Realistically I don’t know if this type of hitter will be available in free agency or trade, but the lineup has to become more than home run or bust. 

1 hour ago, Three Run Homer said:

McCann who struck out with a man on second and no out, and then struck out again with runners on first and third and one out?  

Ok, whatever.  

I don't get why he didn't bunt with guy on second?  Also am I the only one that caught Mullins not running out of the box and instead wanted to watch his 315' pop up?