Wieters

VC@WilliamMary

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Losing Jordan would be the biggest blunder that this franchise has made since the Glenn Davis trade...

Or the Davey Johnson fiasco. But this could be worse if it in fact it did happen, which hopefully we won't have to worry about after we get these guys signed (trying to stay optimistic).

Yep, that's the one that got me officially pissed. Maybe they are just screwing with us and just want to make us agonize until Wednesday night. I wish that were true, because if so, they are doing a great job.

Well... now there are nine other teams that are squirming right along with the Orioles.

I know noone cares about them, but it's a point to consider.

Moustakas signing if the first Boras client to fall. Maybe more to follow?

I think it is all smoke and mirrors.... it will get done... but not going to show all of our cards until the last minute... no reason to spend $10M if they cave in the last hours for $6-8M.

The key is the physical. This can't go to 11:59 if a physical is required for a ML contract. Knowing the way Angelos operates this is a must...

The key is the physical. This can't go to 11:59 if a physical is required for a ML contract. Knowing the way Angelos operates this is a must...

Couldn't the O's just not require a physical in the contract? For example, if a team is signing a guy like Gagne coming off of injury, does it matter if they have a physical? I wasn't aware that was a ML requirement.

Why would they wait for a contract to be in line before giving the physical? That's absurd. With a trade, or for a FA w/o a deadline, waiting isn't an issue. But here, there's no reason not to give a complete physical even before negotiating.

A physical can be done at any time. Obviously you do this first.

Why would they wait for a contract to be in line before giving the physical? That's absurd. With a trade, or for a FA w/o a deadline, waiting isn't an issue. But here, there's no reason not to give a complete physical even before negotiating.

A physical can be done at any time. Obviously you do this first.

Yeah, obviously.

Is it obvious to the Orioles? ;)

Anyone know if Wieters has passed his physical?

My understanding is McPhail is the one balking at signing these guys. Could McPhail be the new Syd Thrift to carry out the Angelos Plan?? got to admit that his hiring came out of the blue.

You have got to be freaking kidding me. This makes me want to cry.

He's going to be a top-3 pick next year and an all-star by 2010, while we're running out Paul Bako at catcher.

Maybe it's time to be a Dodgers fan...

I think it is all smoke and mirrors.... it will get done... but not going to show all of our cards until the last minute... no reason to spend $10M if they cave in the last hours for $6-8M.

This is the theory I am leaning toward too. I mean, we really can't botch this one. This would be awful on several different levels.

This is the theory I am leaning toward too. I mean, we really can't botch this one. This would be awful on several different levels.

I'd be more confident about the O's not screwing the pooch on this one if they weren't...the O's.

I can easily see this being a huge mark on the face of the franchise.

Yeah, I'm worried. If the O's were more competent this wouldn't be a big deal.

Oh well.

Enough hysteria.

All of the Boras clients are in the same boat (except one).

Most, if not all, do sign late in the process. This year will likely be the same.

The Orioles knew what they were getting themselves into.

Unless Boras pulled a fast one and misled the Orioles pre-draft- there shouldnt be any surprises. And even if that were the case (Boras dirty dealing) it would get out and he would stand to lose a lot more than the Orioles in credibility / reputation / future business, etc...

With Wieters- it is in both sides interest to get a deal done. It is as simple as that. Both sides stand much to lose if a deal doesn't get done.

Enough hysteria.

All of the Boras clients are in the same boat (except one).

Most, if not all, do sign late in the process. This year will likely be the same.

The Orioles knew what they were getting themselves into.

Unless Boras pulled a fast one and misled the Orioles pre-draft- there shouldnt be any surprises. And even if that were the case (Boras dirty dealing) it would get out and he would stand to lose a lot more than the Orioles in credibility / reputation / future business, etc...

With Wieters- it is in both sides interest to get a deal done. It is as simple as that. Both sides stand much to lose if a deal doesn't get done.

I'm inclined to agree. I still think this thing will get done. Mostly because the O's just can't afford to look any dumber than they are already seen, and they know it.

IF though... IF it does not get done, my oh my that new stadium here in DC is looking mighty attractive.

Archived