5/17 - O's at KC Royals - Koji for the rubber?

bobmc

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, I pointed this out earlier in the thread. He now has 4 of his 9 steals since Jones has been out. He went out in the second TB game earlier in the week. So this is the 4th straight game he's been out.

It really comes down to a different strategy. AJ has come on much faster then anyone imagined. Every great base stealer needs a guy hitting behind him to take pitches. AJ has been crushing the ball so the Orioles do not want him taking pitches so BR has not been running.

I posted about 10 days ago that I thought Izzy batting second would allow Roberts to run.

I would bat AJ 4th splitting the lefties. The down side is more AB's for Izzy and slightly less for AJ, Nick and Huff. Is having ROberts in scoring position more for those 3 worth the trade off??

It really comes down to a different strategy. AJ has come on much faster then anyone imagined. Every great base stealer needs a guy hitting behind him to take pitches. AJ has been crushing the ball so the Orioles do not want him taking pitches so BR has not been running.

I posted about 10 days ago that I thought Izzy batting second would allow Roberts to run.

I would bat AJ 4th splitting the lefties. The down side is more AB's for Izzy and slightly less for AJ, Nick and Huff. Is having ROberts in scoring position more for those 3 worth the trade off??

This is the reason why I wouldn't move Jones from the 2 spot right yet. As in the third inning today, you can still utilize Roberts base stealing when he doesn't lead off and you want to get him into scoring position for Jones and Markakis.

This is the reason why I wouldn't move Jones from the 2 spot right yet. As in the third inning today, you can still utilize Roberts base stealing when he doesn't lead off and you want to get him into scoring position for Jones and Markakis.

I do not disagree, but sooner or later AJ has to drop a spot or two in the lineup. The guy who moves up should be someone that allows BR to run. I think his power numbers will demand that.

I do not disagree, but sooner or later AJ has to drop a spot or two in the lineup. I think his power numbers will demand that.

Well, I'll say it will be a great problem to have if his power numbers demand him to move down, but you have Markakis, Huff, and Wieters locked in the middle of the order. :D

Archived