Seattle's offseason decision with Bedard revisited.

Gurgi

Should of dumped Bedard?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Should of dumped Bedard?

• Seattle should of cut bait with this injury factory/
    • Seattle did the right thing. It just isnt working out.
    • Seattle should of cut him and tried to sign him as a FA for way less money.

I remember threads in the offseason wondering if Seattle should of just cut Bedard to save his huge contract. I was of the opinion that they should dump him. Get out from under the 7-9 million they owed him if they picked up the option.

Seattle decided to pay him and hope he was good enough to trade to get back some of their prospects.

Hindsight is 20/20 but what would you have done?

Are you serious? He will be back at the end of June or early July. MRI showed no damage. They will get back a pretty decent prospect at the trade deadline.

Bedard is 5-2 with a 2.47 ERA this year in 11 starts.

Fangraphs already has him being worth 7.2 million this season.

If Seattle cut him before the season then the new GM IMO would be the dumbest man alive.

You think seven million is worth one unproven prospect? They could of dumped him and used the money saved to out bid everyone for that young SS everyone wants.

You think if he comes back someone will give them a blue chip prospect for him? I dont buy it.

Does Bedard have a bulldog big game rep?

That would be no.

You think seven million is worth one unproven prospect? They could of dumped him and used the money saved to out bid everyone for that young SS everyone wants.

You think if he comes back someone will give them a blue chip prospect for him? I dont buy it.

That would be no.

Who does...?

That would be no.

I second Ty's response.

That would be no.

I doubt any team is going to give Seattle the kind of return you get when you trade an ace, but if he is healthy someone will surely still give up a couple of very good prospects. I don't know what planet you watch baseball on, but on this one, $7 mm isn't much to pay for a pitcher of Bedard's caliber. That's hardly ace money.

Archived