MLB All-star game idea

MarCakes21

MLB All-star game thought

Just a thought that I had that I thought would be really cool to see would be a Rookies-Sophomores game for the MLB All-star festivities. I think this is a neat feature of the NBA All-star game because it allows players who are up and coming to be featured instead of not having their chance in the big All-star game.

I know they already have the futures game, but the futures game is for minor league players only and it is for talent that may eventually become something from all levels. The Rookies-Sophomores game would allow leagues to combine their forces and have fans see a battery combination of David Price and Matt Wieters with a lot of other talent on the field as well. The Rookies-Sophomores game in the NBA is not always the most talented players of these classes, but the ones playing the best as well as the ones who have a lot of "hype" surrounding them.

Thoughts?

It is an interesting idea, but is there enough strong talent to support a Rookie vs. Sophomore game?

I definitely think that there is. This is the Rookie team that I would put together this year:

C-Matt Wieters

2B-Chris Getz

SS-Elvis Andrus

3B-Gordon Beckham

OF-Travis Snider

OF-Colby Rasmus

OF-Cameron Maybin

SP-David Price

SP-Tommy Hanson

SP-Clay Buckholz

SP-James MacDonald

SP-Brett Cecil

RP-Andrew Bailey

Anyone else want to put together a good sophomore team? I bet there could be changes/additions made to my Rookie team done off the top of my head. This would be fun to watch, because it could be the All-star team of the future for years to come.

I definitely think that there is. This is the Rookie team that I would put together this year:

C-Matt Wieters

2B-Chris Getz

SS-Elvis Andrus

3B-Gordon Beckham

OF-Travis Snider

OF-Colby Rasmus

OF-Cameron Maybin

SP-David Price

SP-Tommy Hanson

SP-Clay Buckholz

SP-James MacDonald

SP-Brett Cecil

RP-Andrew Bailey

Anyone else want to put together a good sophomore team? I bet there could be changes/additions made to my Rookie team done off the top of my head. This would be fun to watch, because it could be the All-star team of the future for years to come.

I'd rather see Orioles rookies Bergesen or Reimold. They've done more than Wieters.

Brad Bergesen (SP) - 23 years old, 6-4 (W-L), 3.54 ERA, 110 IP, 130 ERA+.

Nolan Reimold (OF) - 25 years old, 9 HRs, 25 RBI, 268/342/458/800, 106 OPS+

I'd rather see Orioles rookies Bergesen or Reimold. They've done more than Wieters.

Brad Bergesen (SP) - 23 years old, 6-4 (W-L), 3.54 ERA, 110 IP, 130 ERA+.

Nolan Reimold (OF) - 25 years old, 9 HRs, 25 RBI, 268/342/458/800, 106 OPS+

Both players would be on the team probably as well. But I think a lot of the idea in this thought would be to make young players closer to household names.

Archived