Silly things your partner has said

Cricket

My wife, who was less than thrilled that I started a thread with her as the inspiration, questioned the use of the word "silly" in the title thread. She proceeded to hand me the dictionary and mutter the word masochist.

Whatever...

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Before I started dating her, my girlfriend said during the seventh inning stretch of the Phillies' World Series clinching game: "God I love halftime."

Now she says such gems as: "Why is Zaun playing over Wieters? The best thing Zaun has done all season is get hit by a pitch." and "They're pinch-hitting Chubs [Ty Wigginton]!?!?? He's terrible!!"

"Get a new team". It always is met with a derisive response"Maybe I should get a new girlfriend/wife/boyfriend/ husband".

Its usually mentioned when your favorite team(O's for me) has just given up a walk off three run home run and you are as miserable as a human being could be.

ANYONE WHO SAYS"GET A NEW TEAM" RUNS AN IMMEDIATE RISK OF TERMINATION.

(OR IF MURDER ISNT YOUR THING..A BREAKUP OR DIVORCE).

I usually respond, "Well, they never make movies about the team that wins all the time, now, do they?? Maybe one of these days the O's will be movie-worthy!"

That works well in LA. Everyone loves a good script.

"Get a new team". It always is met with a derisive response"Maybe I should get a new girlfriend/wife/boyfriend/ husband".

Its usually mentioned when your favorite team(O's for me) has just given up a walk off three run home run and you are as miserable as a human being could be.

ANYONE WHO SAYS"GET A NEW TEAM" RUNS AN IMMEDIATE RISK OF TERMINATION.

(OR IF MURDER ISNT YOUR THING..A BREAKUP OR DIVORCE).

Roy, this is so true.

I remember when the Sox came back to beat us 6-5 after we had our huge comeback I was so depressed. I told the GF that and that's when she said "Oh baby, it's just a game".

The rage that went through my body... oh my she's lucky it was a text message and she wasn't in front of me. :D

At least with a text message you can throw your phone and bust it instead. :mwahaha:

Archived