Silly things your partner has said

Cricket

"If you spent half as much time __________________ as you spent on that Orioles Hangout, ____________________"

(It's almost always "that" Orioles Hangout :confused:)

QFT- I get this one often

or

[dripping with sarcasm] "What's happened since you checked 5 minutes ago"

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"I'm pretty sure they can't hear you through the T.V."

This is a classic in my house, but is usually reserved for Ravens games!

My wife is nearly as big an O's fan as I am, so I normally don't get too many comments during the Orioles games.

"Alright if they're down by more than 4 runs we are watching Grey's Anatomy."

Specific to this year:

"Why did we cancel dinner with our friends to watch a guy go 0 for 4?" - MW's debut

"Why did they trade the flat brim guy?"

"Scott Hoffman! It's MOTHER'S DAY!!! And your mother AND YOUR GRANDMOTHER were sitting RIGHT THERE!!! Nevermind the kids!!! What made you think it was okay to talk like that?!?! What's WRONG with you?!?!"

I don't need to explain which Mother's Day, right?

That's hilarious. A grandmother would just understand.

After almost 21 years of marriage, the most my wife says now is, "Why don't you just change the channel?"

The sad part is sometimes I just have to nowadays.

Funny...the looks on our wives' faces Tuesday night was priceless after Brian Roberts' baserunning blunder while the two of us 'politely' reminded him that he'd somehow lost track of how many outs there were. :D

"Why did you change it? They might win!"

By the way, Cricket, I feel your pain on the going to games (except for the distance you have to travel). I've taken my girlfirend to many Angels games here in LA and they always lose. I don't think she's ever seen a live win by them.

"If you spent half as much time __________________ as you spent on that Orioles Hangout, ____________________"

(It's almost always "that" Orioles Hangout :confused:)

This is why I almost always "apologize" when I'm introduced to a Hangouter's wife. :D

Funny...the looks on our wives' faces Tuesday night was priceless after Brian Roberts' baserunning blunder while the two of us 'politely' reminded him that he'd somehow lost track of how many outs there were. :D

Yeah, you've got a big mouth :D

This is why I almost always "apologize" when I'm introduced to a Hangouter's wife. :D

Lucky for me my wife IS a Hangouter!

Of course, she still doesn't understand what is so GD interesting that I spend hours on here a day (while at work!) :rofl:

Someday Mr. Pente, someday you and your little Hangout are gonna get me fired!

Yeah, you've got a big mouth :D

I was going to say the same thing about you!

And you know...I never really made the connection. I've been introduced by Hangouters to their significant others and clearly got the cold shoulder/evil eye and just thought, "Hmm...maybe she's shy."

Really they're thinking, "YOU'RE the reason he's got his eyes glued to the monitor following a stupid game thread AND watching the actual game on TV. I haven't seen Grey's Anatomy in MONTHS you sonofa-!!!!"

Archived