Silly things your partner has said

Cricket

Who was very friendly, attractive and liked sports.I asked her if she liked baseball..she said"Oh Yes". I said, 'Which team do you follow?" She said.

"I love the Yankees" . Conversation ended. Possible friensdship/relationship ended right there. I have never looked back. Never will.

And I don't think anyone here will judge you a lesser person!

Good man Roy!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Her: So how many points did they lose by tonight?

Me: IT'S RUNS NOT POINTS!!! :cussing:

Her: Whatever. They still lost again didn't they?

Me: (Hanging head and sighing), yeah...

The cool thing is that she gets amazed when I can call what kind of pitch is coming and the location, she looks at me like I am some kind of prophet. :D

Who was very friendly, attractive and liked sports.I asked her if she liked baseball..she said"Oh Yes". I said, 'Which team do you follow?" She said.

"I love the Yankees" . Conversation ended. Possible friensdship/relationship ended right there. I have never looked back. Never will.

Roy - given my wife's lack of interest or knowledge of the game, and the fact that she's never chosen any team, I've never had to make this call.

However, when it came time for me to indicate what team my 1 year old daughter was going to cheer for, I got:

"Don't you think it should be up to her to decide."

During the offseason and right before the trade deadline, when I'm on the computer constantly, and when insider info used to fly on here, my wife would always say, "WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BE THE FIRST TO KNOW? WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE WHETHER YOU FIND OUT NOW, TODAY,OR TOMORROW?"

During the offseason and right before the trade deadline, when I'm on the computer constantly, and when insider info used to fly on here, my wife would always say, "WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BE THE FIRST TO KNOW? WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE WHETHER YOU FIND OUT NOW, TODAY,OR TOMORROW?"

I often ask myself this same question! :rolleyestf:

I know the thread title is partner, but my daughter got me on Wednesday.

We're at the IronBirds game, sitting through a light rain through the first two innings, and my 9 year old says to me, "How many innings are they playing tonight?" Huh? My response, as any sane person's would be, was "Nine honey. That's how many they always play!" To which she responds, "What if the game is tied after nine?" To which my first reaction was, in true Homer Simpson fashion, "Why you lilttle..."

Then, later on, an IronBird steals second, and she says to me "I thought they are only allowed to steal third?" Bless her heart and the stupid ass rules of U-10 girls softball! :cussing:

My hubby loves baseball (the O’s) as much as I do so there really isn’t much he says. I have gotten “How can you pay attention to the game while texting your sister (about the game), following multiple threads and talking to me?” Multitasking at it’s finest! He also doesn’t love going to more than a couple games in a row. I suppose I can understand this as he is the one doing the driving.

And this my friend is why we love you Roy!! Classic!!

Archived