Did Scott hit the Warehouse?

Jagwar

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think it did!

Edit: It definitely did. There is no way that a ball can just abrubtly fall like that a-parabolically.

Either Scott hit the warehouse or he bent spacetime around the warehouse at a right angle.

Well, he might be THAT good ;)

Looking at the replay...I think it's too close when it goes out of sight to have not hit at least way down at the bottom.

Of course, one of the most interesting things about the Warehouse is how close it looks, both from the field (standing there and not knowing the distance I think most people would say about 375' max) and from that angle. Eutaw Street is deceptively wide.

The ball abruptly shifts to the right as it approaches the warehouse. The HR hit it... I don't care what MASN says.

Had the ball not hooked so far right, I think Scott would have done it, but it hooks right at the very end as the wind tunnel effect between the ballpark and the Warehouse knocks it down. It looks like it landed in foul territory right behind the RF corner seats.

You need to hit one lower IMO and straighter to hit the Warehouse.

Had the ball not hooked so far right, I think Scott would have done it, but it hooks right at the very end as the wind tunnel effect between the ballpark and the Warehouse knocks it down. It looks like it landed in foul territory right behind the RF corner seats.

You need to hit one lower IMO and straighter to hit the Warehouse.

If it landed in foul territory, that's the shortest place it could hit: 432' down the line. It looked like that would have been the absolute bare minimum distance that ball went.

I don't think it hooked that far over, though.

I was at the game tonight and sat in the first row of Section 318 which is down the right field line. I had a pretty good view of Luke Scott's home run and I don't think it hit the Warehouse. It may have hit a stand on Eutaw Street or something. Either way, it was definitely close. I would assume that if he hit the Warehouse, they would have announced it during the game which they didn't. However, I could not tell exactly where it landed because the sections that are above the walkway and to the right of the foul pole (Sections 1-5) were in the way. And for anybody that thinks the ball changed trajectory from watching the replay, I didn't see it.

For whatever its worth, HitTracker shows the distance as 382 feet. You can see all of Luke's HR's here.

http://www.hittrackeronline.com/detail.php?id=2009_251&type=hitter

I'm not saying its exactly right, but I will say that here in upstate new york, we get bad snow storms that are 8-10 inches of snow. When I was a kid they used to be 36 inches of snow, every day.

I was watching on YES (MASN was blacked out here) and from their feed it looked to me like it landed on the awning over one of the stands/stores. It looked to me like if the awning wasn't there it would have hit the bottom of the warehouse.

BTW this is my first post here. I've been lurking for months and finally decided to post.

For whatever its worth, HitTracker shows the distance as 382 feet. You can see all of Luke's HR's here.

http://www.hittrackeronline.com/detail.php?id=2009_251&type=hitter

I'm not saying its exactly right, but I will say that here in upstate new york, we get bad snow storms that are 8-10 inches of snow. When I was a kid they used to be 36 inches of snow, every day.

So, according to Hit Tracker, that was the 4th shortest HR Luke has hit all year. Riiiiiightttttttt...... :rolleyes:

Archived