Tonights Game

cindyluvsbrady

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since Cindy started the thread (thanks Cindy :)), let me ask this here: should the Phillies think about taking out Lee? I think they mentioned it on the broadcast (I'm half-listening), but I was thinking it beforehand.

He's obviously their best pitcher, and he's only pitched three innings. If they take him out, in theory he could be available to pitch in Game 7 or even Game 6.

As I type this, he comes out for the fourth. I'm not totally sure I agree...

Since Cindy started the thread (thanks Cindy :)), let me ask this here: should the Phillies think about taking out Lee? I think they mentioned it on the broadcast (I'm half-listening), but I was thinking it beforehand.

He's obviously their best pitcher, and he's only pitched three innings. If they take him out, in theory he could be available to pitch in Game 7 or even Game 6.

Nah, it's too early to take him out. A 5-run lead is hardly insurmountable, especially for the Yankees. Let Lee work at least another inning or two before you think about going to the bullpen-- you can't let this game slip away.

I am so glad you are watching:)

Pleeeeeeeease...Pray:pray:

Nah, it's too early to take him out. A 5-run lead is hardly insurmountable, especially for the Yankees. Let Lee work at least another inning or two before you think about going to the bullpen-- you can't let this game slip away.

The great Paul Folk is watching!!!:wedge:

YEAH!!!!!:clap3:

Oh my, no. You leave him in. He doesn't need to pitch a complete game, but taking him out now would be a mistake, imo. Hopefully, the Phils can spot him some runs and his innings will be easier, i.e. Yankees swinging earlier in the count.

Now, if Pettitte reacts to 3 days rest like Burnett did, then you'll see Girardi second guessed a lot.

Yeah I don't know how I feel about this move. It saves Lee but it uses the pen, and if the pen gives up 3 or 4 runs or the lead, its going to be criticism city.

The way he was pitching you let him go 6.

Archived