Would You Trade Matusz and Tillman or Arietta for Cahill?

Old#5fan

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Instead of cherry picking stats what about ERA, Wins, and WHIP?:confused: I don't think Matusz is very good in the first too at all. In fact, he's terrible.:(

Cherry picking stats? SG just named almost all of the important ones. Go read a book that catches you up on baseball post 1970.

Instead of cherry picking stats what about ERA, Wins, and WHIP?

Cherry picking? LOL...I just listed a bunch of stats.

You are asking for wins? Matusz has had 34 runs scored for him in 14 starts he has made..You continue to bash AM for how horrible he made this team and yet you expect Matusz to be racking up the wins getting 2 runs a start? LOL...Seriously, are you a real person or just a robot of some kind?

Are you seriously going to also bring up ERA without mentioning the difference in parks?

I will tell you what...Cahill has more wins playing on a better team, he has a better ERA, playing in a great pitchers park and his WHIP is very slightly better despite having a huge advantage in BABIP.

Instead of cherry picking stats what about ERA, Wins, and WHIP?:confused: I don't think Matusz is very good in the first too at all. In fact, he's terrible.:(

Wins do not matter at all. He gets no run support. He'd have more wins if the bullpen could hold a game.

He puts up quality starts most of the time. He had 3 rough games that led to the jump in ERA. He has held teams to 4 or less runs in most of his starts.

You are suffering from paralysis by analysis. Cahill is better. He has better stuff and better command. Maybe you should watch them pitch instead of looking just at stats.

That is certainly arguable. But why is the difference worth Tillman or Arrieta?

Archived