"MacPhail Wanted Buck to Take Over" (This Season)

Arthur_Bryant

Let's worry about it if it ever becomes an issue.

That's fine...but if this topic is going to be brought up, then the other side is going to be as well.

I know, it doesn't fit in with the "everything is good", "BELIEVE" mantras around here but that doesn't mean it should be swept under a rug.

For years and years, we have heard the same posters stick up for everyone in this organization and for years and years, they have been proven wrong.

You just can't dismiss things with this organization.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Heard from whom? Using these "sources" is barking up a poor tree, Sports Guy.

You "claim" all of these sources in nearly every thread that comes up involving "insiders", yet we never hear who these people are. Hmmm.

Have we ever heard who the sources are of anyone on here? The answer is no.

And even if I was just going off of Tony's info, that's enough for me to question things.

Okay but now you have just hopped the assumption train into fantasy land. I mean Wedge has won a manager of the year award and had a lot of success in Cleveland. Buck was clearly the better choice but I don't think Wedge was necessarily a BAD choice. Its not like he was favoring some no name with no record or accomplishments.

You are assuming a lot and parading it as fact. You have no idea what was going on in AM's mind, and you are jumping to conclusions based on your own biased assumptions.

Now maybe you are right. Maybe you are wrong. The point I am making is this:

Stop being a self-righteous ass.

EDIT: Not worth it and brings nothing to board.

That's fine...but if this topic is going to be brought up, then the other side is going to be as well.

I know, it doesn't fit in with the "everything is good", "BELIEVE" mantras around here but that doesn't mean it should be swept under a rug.

For years and years, we have heard the same posters stick up for everyone in this organization and for years and years, they have been proven wrong.

Canned response #34-b

insult the culture of the board because I am so superior

Have we ever heard who the sources are of anyone on here? The answer is no.

And even if I was just going off of Tony's info, that's enough for me to question things.

Questioning is one thing. But Tony's information was hodge-podge at best when it came to the MacPhail-Angelos-Showalter-Wedge conspiracy theory. What evidence did he really have? Nothing substantial (sorry Tony, but it really wasn't that good [the MacPhail-Showalter piece]). Certainly nothing substantial enough for you to make wild allegations and balloon animals. I'd expect this out of JTRea because he wears tin hats out in public, but I'd expect some sort of logical prowess from you SportsGuy being that there are is a lot AGAINST your belief system in regards to this "issue"*.

*issue only an issue with you and JTRea.

I heard the power struggle thing...But again, I also was told the opposite is true as well and was told that by someone very close to things.

I also do think that it is fairly easy to connect the dots and come up with that theory.

I wonder how many of these "loose lips" in the FO are people that have seen their responsibilities diminish under AM. That could explain their motivation to talk about things that they may not understand, and may be a way for them to extract some sort of revenge.

Eh, true...you know me, I'm far from "everything is good" and "BELIEVE".

And I agree, the same people have stuck up for the organization over and over...it's old and tiresome and there's no way anyone could continue to do it.

Right now just feels pretty good...I hope this is the beginning of the end of sucking.

Heard from whom? Using these "sources" is barking up a poor tree, Sports Guy.

You "claim" all of these sources in nearly every thread that comes up involving "insiders", yet we never hear who these people are. Hmmm.

I don't think SG is the kind of person to make things up.

I don't think SG is the kind of person to make things up.

Make up? I agree.

"Expand"? I think he has a tendency to exaggerate greatly. That and it's very telling if one "source" is saying one thing, and another is saying the opposite. We don't know who these sources are or if they're anything of value.

Make up? I agree.

"Expand"? I think he has a tendency to exaggerate greatly. That and it's very telling if one "source" is saying one thing, and another is saying the opposite. We don't know who these sources are or if they're anything of value.

I think he's just trying to point out the other side by playing devil's advocate. I don't agree with what he's saying because there is far too much evidence to oppose it, but that doesn't mean it's not true.

I wonder how many of these "loose lips" in the FO are people that have seen their responsibilities diminish under AM. That could explain their motivation to talk about things that they may not understand, and may be a way for them to extract some sort of revenge.

Which is exactly why I wouldn't say any of this is 100%.

Archived