Best Slider.........................Zach Britton

Best Changeup....................Dan Klein

Best Control.......................Ryan Berry

Best Defensive Catcher........Caleb Joseph

Best Defensive Infielder........Manny Machado

Best Infield Arm..................Billy Rowell

Best Defensive Outfielder.....Matt Angle

Best Outfield Arm...............Matt Angle

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/prospects/rankings/organization-top-10-prospects/2011/2610869.html

Joe Mahoney as first baseman in 2014. You mean the Joe Mahoney that will never hit 25 homers in the the majors according to Callis. The guy who will never hit .300 with power. How about that!!!!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Joe Mahoney as first baseman in 2014. You mean the Joe Mahoney that will never hit 25 homers in the the majors according to Callis. The guy who will never hit .300 with power. How about that!!!!

The fact that they don't list Mahoney in the top 10 justifies Callis' comment that Mahoney is not a top prospect. But, I guess this says that BA now regards Mahoney has having a better chance than Snyder or Townsend. I disagree, but then, what do I know?

I think this is more of a statement as to how little 1B help there is in the system than anything else.

Yeah, that same Mahoney who couldn't crack the Top 10 of a very weak farm system. It seems like you are just trolling for this argument again.

The fact that they don't list Mahoney in the top 10 justifies Callis' comment that Mahoney is not a top prospect. But, I guess this says that BA now regards Mahoney has having a better chance than Snyder or Townsend. I disagree, but then, what do I know?

Agreed. Not a top prospect for BA today but still the starting 1B in 2014. Its very interesting. Maybe Lingo and Callis do not agree on Mahoney.

Agreed. Not a top prospect for BA today but still the starting 1B in 2014. Its very interesting. Maybe Lingo and Callis do not agree on Mahoney.

Earlier in the thread, it was explained that these lists assume there is nobody joining from outside the organization. Therefore, the question is, in five years, who is our best internal candidate for 1B? Thus if we have nobody better than Mahoney, then Mahoney gets on the list. Ditto for Josh Bell, etc.

Say what you like. He is projected to be the starting 1B by BA in 2014.

Those projection are as worthless as the Baseball cube rating system. They mean absolutely nothing. If we actually fielded that team in 2014 we'd be still fighting for fourth place.

Yeah, that same Mahoney who couldn't crack the Top 10 of a very weak farm system. It seems like you are just trolling for this argument again.

You can say I lot of things about me but trolling doesn't really apply. I am here all the time. I don't just drop in to spread some junk. I took quite a beating on that thread. Melewski even mentioned in this MASN column. Why would he find is surprising that I find it interesting that Lingo sees Mahoney as the starting 1B for the O's in 2014?

And no I don't want to relive that thread. It started as an opinion and had me defending that opinion for days. I just want to mention it and move on.

You can say I lot of things about me but trolling does really apply. I am here all the time. I don't just drop in to spread some junk. I took quite a beating on that thread. Melewski even mentioned in this MASN column. Why would he find is surprising that I find it interesting that Lingo sees Mahoney as the starting 1B for the O's in 2014?

And no I don't want to relive that thread. It started as an opinion and had me defending that opinion for days. I just want to mention it and move on.

I think what is even more interesting is that for all of the love Townsend has received around these parts, Mahoney was selected as the 1B heir in 2014. That would make me uneasy if I am a strong believer in the package Townsend brings to the table.

That said, I don't think it means much more than BA has Mahoney ranked at least one spot ahead of Townsend.

Those projection are as worthless as the Baseball cube rating system. They mean absolutely nothing. If we actually fielded that team in 2014 we'd be still fighting for fourth place.

Your probably right Tony. But come on. You can't expect me to take the beating I took in that thread and then let Lingo's opinion past without a mention. It interesting, that's all. I like the starting staff though.

You can say I lot of things about me but trolling does really apply. I am here all the time. I don't just drop in to spread some junk. I took quite a beating on that thread. Melewski even mentioned in this MASN column. Why would he find is surprising that I find it interesting that Lingo sees Mahoney as the starting 1B for the O's in 2014?

I gave you a hard time in that thread, but I would never, ever accuse you of trolling. But I wouldn't make much of this list, for the reasons I gave above. I do think it suggests that BA believes Mahoney has a better shot at being a starting 1B than Snyder or Townsend, though.

I think what is even more interesting is that for all of the love Townsend has received around these parts, Mahoney was selected as the 1B heir in 2014. That would make me uneasy if I am a strong believer in the package Townsend brings to the table.

That said, I don't think it means much more than BA has Mahoney ranked at least one spot ahead of Townsend.

Maybe they just know Townsend has a glass body and that they don't think he will remain healthy enough to be our 2014 starting lineup.

The injuries are definitely a concern to me....Personally, I think injuries aside, Townsend is the better prospect, but if he can't stay healthy, what does it matter?

Archived