O's sign Jeremy Accardo? (Rogers SportsNet)

TGO

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LaRoche is good news. I do prefer Lee but I won't be upset at all if we get LaRoche. The infield will be upgraded all around which I will admit isn't saying much come opening day.

I actually prefer LaRoche. After adding two nice RH bats with power, I no longer think that a RH hitting first baseman is important. LaRoche is much younger than Lee and is also a good defensive first baseman. I would be stoked to add LaRoche to this team. Luke could then continue to DH, with Reimold and Pie in a platoon in LF at least until one of them claims the full time job.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bs-sp-orioles-jeremy-accardo-1215-20101214,0,716125.story

Adam LaRoche, who hit 25 homers and drove in 100 runs for the Arizona Diamondbacks in 2010, appears to be the club's top candidate at first base, and the team is continuing to talk to his representatives. :)

All I take from that is that he's our top choice, not that we're his top choice, so I take ZERO comfort from this report.

I guess not. Nice that there is support for someone who had 30 saves like 4 years ago. Here's a thought: Why don't we sign one that did it last year? "Oh, that's right, they don't play for $1 million a year"

The idea that you are picking on the "30 saves 4 years ago" idea is silly. It is not the main reason he was signed and was simply used to illustrate that Accardo had/has potential.

Here is a thought, we already have two closers (Uehara and Gonzalez). Why should the Orioles go get another closer?

And you do understand the idea of depth signings right? Not all moves are going to be exciting.

All I take from that is that he's our top choice, not that we're his top choice, so I take ZERO comfort from this report.

I think its a bad report...I see us signing him to an Aubrey Huff type contract, which we will regret.

As for Accardo...I don't mind this move for some reason. I remember watching him before and thinking he was pretty good. He has a good 10 MPH difference in change and fastball, the 2 pitches he throws the most often.

I do think we probably overpaid a little for him and I would have preferred some of the other bounce back candidates but I can't say I dislike this move. Plus, if he has a good year, he will be cheap in 2012 as well, which is a little bit of an added bonus.

I actually prefer LaRoche. After adding two nice RH bats with power, I no longer think that a RH hitting first baseman is important. LaRoche is much younger than Lee and is also a good defensive first baseman. I would be stoked to add LaRoche to this team. Luke could then continue to DH, with Reimold and Pie in a platoon in LF at least until one of them claims the full time job.

True that. As I said not anti-LaRoche, just prefer LEe a little more because I like his D and lefty mashing ability but LaRoche isn't a slouch either. Down with your idea. Can't wait to see the 2011 O's in action.

Will let you know in about 2 weeks. We sign anything for 1st other than Lee or Laroche then you'll hear me whine. Sorry, but I don't keep my head buried in the sand like others. I value what MacPhail does, and not try to pull a positive out of a negative. I've sat through 13 years of seeing my beloved Orioles do absolutely nothing. Do I feel I have the right to gripe? "You darned right I do". I buy my 20 games a year, I spend my money on parking, I buy the vendor's food, I buy Orioles jerseys, I attend FanFest. Now maybe you don't like my views, and at this point, I don't really care. Just because I do not agree with the blindfolded fan, does not mean I am not a fan.

What's in two weeks? Opening Day? No. Spring Training? No. Busy stores with people returning crappy Xmas presents? Yes!

Where are these examples of people burying their head in the sand?

Why is it you can't stay focused on the topic at hand?

Who are these blindfolded fans?

Were you stoked when we signed Aubrey Huff?

The idea that you are picking on the "30 saves 4 years ago" idea is silly. It is not the main reason he was signed and was simply used to illustrate that Accardo had/has potential.

Here is a thought, we already have two closers (Uehara and Gonzalez). Why should the Orioles go get another closer?

And you do understand the idea of depth signings right? Not all moves are going to be exciting.

I understand that the reason this man was signed was to not have to pay $$$$.

$ - Symbolizes currency that is used to get a player to put on your uniform. By paying little, you get little, by paying more, you get more. Next lesson

I understand that the reason this man was signed was to not have to pay $$$$.

$ - Symbolizes currency that is used to get a player to put on your uniform. By paying little, you get little, by paying more, you get more. Next lesson

Do you actually believe what you are saying? I mean seriously...Do you think you know what you are talking about?

Yes I was, and I still regret that we shipped him to Detroit for nothing. And the last time I looked, Huff was the #4 hitter for the World Champs, so I still think I was right.

Ok..but you aren't.

He wasn't worth the contract we gave him and his last year in Baltimore/Detroit, he was worth the same as what Izzy was worth last year...And that makes you right? Is that supposed to be taken seriously?

Archived