Tracking Ex Oriole Thread

Rene88

Jim Johnson is having a bounce back year.

3.45 ERA 1.26 WHIP w/ 8.7 K/9. He's now the Braves closer and has 10 consecutive scoreless innings/appearances. And since his ERA ballooned to 7.90 on May 8th he has a 2.05 ERA in 30.2 Innings.

Edited by O's84

With more than a month still left to be played in the season, Markakis has 31 doubles and 69 RBI's ........ and he was the lead-off batter in 26 games earlier this season.

He is quite likely to have his highest RBI season since 2009, when he knocked in 101 for the O's. Could end up at 90 or so. Still not hitting for a ton of power, but he should reach double digits in homers (he has 9 now) and with 40ish doubles that's not too bad. Nothing spectacular, but a reliable presence in a mostly dismal lineup. He's on pace to play 155+ games for the 9th time in 10 years.

Believe it or not, there's been a Robert Andino sighting in Miami. His last MLB appearance was in 2013 with Seattle where he signed as a FA after the 2012 season.

In 2013, he was traded to PIT where he spent time in the minors....spent 2014 in the minors with PIT....then the Puerto Rican Winter League....2015 he played Independent ball and another season in the PRWL...then it looks like Miami (he was a 2nd round pick for Miami in 2002 and is from Miami) signed him for 2016, where he's spent the year at AAA.

Now he's up with the ML club.....7 games, 4 hits in 13 ab's. They've played him at 2B and LF. They played him all over at AAA - CF, LF, 2B, SS.

Believe it or not, there's been a Robert Andino sighting in Miami. His last MLB appearance was in 2013 with Seattle where he signed as a FA after the 2012 season.

In 2013, he was traded to PIT where he spent time in the minors....spent 2014 in the minors with PIT....then the Puerto Rican Winter League....2015 he played Independent ball and another season in the PRWL...then it looks like Miami (he was a 2nd round pick for Miami in 2002 and is from Miami) signed him for 2016, where he's spent the year at AAA.

Now he's up with the ML club.....7 games, 4 hits in 13 ab's. They've played him at 2B and LF. They played him all over at AAA - CF, LF, 2B, SS.

And his slash line is now: .308/.308/.308. That has to pretty tough to do.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/a/andinro01.shtml

That's strange. About a year ago he was playing rather poorly in the Atlantic League.

That's strange. About a year ago he was playing rather poorly in the Atlantic League.

I thought the very same thing....was shocked to read his name in the game recap the other night. I had Marcell Ozuna in a fantasy league, and it said he left the game for a family emergency...and was replaced with Robert Andino.

Maybe there's still a scout connection or something with Miami.....he had a good year at AAA (by Andino standards anyway, he still strikes out a ton).

Nick has hit far better than I anticipated this year. That said, his OPS+ is still lower than all three of the Orioles "regular" outfielders. I haven't seen him play defense this year, but I'm sure he's a better defensive OF than Trumbo (not hard) and probably better than Kim (almost certainly better). I was against signing him, but he would have been far more useful to the O's than I expected.