Teixeira: Bury Me in Pinstripes

OFFNY

I really really REALLY wish Mark's parents had moved to Pennsylvania when he was in middle school. Then these horrible and absurd threads could blight Pirates or Phillies boards.

You know, part of me understands where you are coming from. The cursing, angry smilies, and the p*ssing on the grave stuff is over the top. However, another part of me thinks you need to calm down and really, really, really wonders how much you actually read the OH if you think Ma and Pa Texiera are being seriously threatened. My comment and I am sure the majority of the others were meant entirely in jest. This is a high quality site, but people do use sarcasm, hyperbole, and humor sometimes. Your last sentence is as over the top as the p*ssing on the grave comments in my opinion. This is a great site with intelligent posters.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am not sure they need AROD to DH in 2012 but maybe in 2013 or 2014.

Either way, if the Yanks choose to go after Pujols, I would say the chances of Tex being dealt are way high.

I don't think teams make moves like that...add a star in the hopes that another of their stars gets so angry about the position he's placed in that he waives his NTC, saving them from a potentially appalling roster crunch? They just won't go after Pujols, unless they can somehow line up an A-Rod or Tex trade first.

So, if Tex has a so so year and the fans and media are all over him AND they go after Pujols and want to DH Tex, you don't think it is possible he could change his mind and want to be traded?

What do you think the odds of Tex having a so-so years would be? My guess would almost nil, unless he was injured. And as I said, right now I don't think even the Yankees can afford Pujols.

You know, part of me understands where you are coming from. The cursing, angry smilies, and the p*ssing on the grave stuff is over the top. However, another part of me thinks you need to calm down and really, really, really wonders how much you actually read the OH if you think Ma and Pa Texiera are being seriously threatened. My comment and I am sure the majority of the others were meant entirely in jest. This is a high quality site, but people do use sarcasm, hyperbole, and humor sometimes. Your last sentence is as over the top as the p*ssing on the grave comments in my opinion. This is a great site with intelligent posters.

And zombie Teixieras on Halloween is most definitely a high quality idea. Where do I sign up?

:D

Because I don't believe that the Yankees will be in on Pujols. They've got their 1st baseman locked up.

They're not always in on everyone... Hell, they had an outfield need this year and didn't bother with Crawford.

This. The MFY's will have other priorities next fall. They'll need two TOR SP's, and a C.

What do you think the odds of Tex having a so-so years would be? My guess would almost nil, unless he was injured. And as I said, right now I don't think even the Yankees can afford Pujols.

I think the fans in NY consider 256/365/481 so-so for first base. Especially since Pujols has never had a season in the bigs with an OPS within a 100 of what Tex did last season.

I don't think teams make moves like that...add a star in the hopes that another of their stars gets so angry about the position he's placed in that he waives his NTC, saving them from a potentially appalling roster crunch? They just won't go after Pujols, unless they can somehow line up an A-Rod or Tex trade first.

Which won't be difficult unless Tex completely falls off the map.

And the Yankees are the one team that can do exactly this.

He is coming off of an 846 OPS season with 33 HRs.

If he has an 830 OPS with 28 HRs this year, then i can see them looking to upgrade with the best player of the generation.

Because I don't believe that the Yankees will be in on Pujols. They've got their 1st baseman locked up.

They're not always in on everyone... Hell, they had an outfield need this year and didn't bother with Crawford.

What was their OF need this year?

And they may not need Pujols but again, a down year from Tex would lead to a lot of scrutiny and if they fail to win, he will be looked at as a reason why....in that scenario, they could easily go after Pujols.

Archived