Orioles Hangout Top 10 Prospects: #9 - Pedro Beato - RHP

ScottieBaseball

Who's #9 on the Orioles Hangout Top Prospect List?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Who's #9 on the Orioles Hangout Top Prospect List?

• David Hernandez
    • Bob McCrory
    • Pedro Beato
    • Tyler Henson
    • Radhames Liz

I'll go with Henson again. McCrory, I don't think is in the top ten. Hernandez & Beato, as starters with upside, should both be ahead of him, IMO, and there's only so much room in the top ten.

If you think it is Henson and with Britton already named and Tony saying Hoey, Liz and Olson are still eligible, who don't you think will be in the top 8:

Synder

Erbe

Reimold

Wieters

Arrieta

Hoey

Liz

Olson

Beato

Hernandez

Rowell

Spoone

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you think it is Henson and with Britton already named and Tony saying Hoey, Liz and Olson are still eligible, who don't you think will be in the top 8:

Synder

Erbe

Reimold

Wieters

Arrieta

Hoey

Liz

Olson

Beato

Hernandez

Rowell

What about Spoone? This is a very crowded list. I would have to go with something like:

1) Wieters

2) Rowell

3) Olson

4) Liz

5) Reimold

6) Hoey

7) Spoone

8) Erbe

9) Beato

with #10 already decided. I would have put Arrieta and Snyder somewhere in there, but they can't be #10 or #9.

What about Spoone? This is a very crowded list. I would have to go with something like:

1) Wieters

2) Rowell

3) Olson

4) Liz

5) Reimold

6) Hoey

7) Spoone

8) Erbe

9) Beato

with #10 already decided. I would have put Arrieta and Snyder somewhere in there, but they can't be #10 or #9.

Sorry, forgot Spoone.

If i had to guess an order.....

Wieters

Rowell

Spoone

Olson

Liz

Reimold

Erbe

Arrieta

Beato

Britton

Sorry, forgot Spoone.

If i had to guess an order.....

Wieters

Rowell

Spoone

Olson

Liz

Reimold

Erbe

Arrieta

Beato

Britton

And Hoey doesn't get in the top 10? This is really hard :D

If Liz were #9 on the list, that would at least "save" a spot for the two odd men out in the group of Hoey, Arrieta, and Snyder. Still, I think #9 is too low for Liz... And maybe Erbe doesn't make the list, but if Beato does, I definitely think Erbe deserves to be ahead of him.

And Hoey doesn't get in the top 10? This is really hard :D

If Liz were #9 on the list, that would at least "save" a spot for the two odd men out in the group of Hoey, Arrieta, and Snyder. Still, I think #9 is too low for Liz... And maybe Erbe doesn't make the list, but if Beato does, I definitely think Erbe deserves to be ahead of him.

Beato wouldn't be on my list of top 10, but Baseball Prospectus has a different view then most of us.

https://baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=6894

I love the thoughts all of you guys put into these. And I'lls say that some of you are right on the money with some things, and some of you (and some people are in both categories) are way off on some things too.

I have to admit that I may have been swayed by that ever-present trap, having a higher opinion than is perhaps warranted about the last guy you've seen who impressed you, so I fully anticipate being in the "way off" category. :D

I have to admit that I may have been swayed by that ever-present trap, having a higher opinion than is perhaps warranted about the last guy you've seen who impressed you, so I fully anticipate being in the "way off" category. :D

Guilty here, too. I'm pretty enamored with David Hernandez, probably because he threw the most dominant pitching performance I've seen in years at the end of the season.

It definitely stops short of a man-crush, though. (eyes his freshly printed "D. HERNANDEZ" O's jersey) :D

From Baseball Prospectus

Five-Star Prospects

1. Matt Wieters, C

Four-Star Prospects

2. Chorye Spoone, RHP

3. Radhames Liz, RHP

Three-Star Prospects

4. Jake Arrieta, RHP

5. Nolan Reimold, OF

6. Billy Rowell, 3B

7. Brandon Erbe, RHP

Two-Star Prospects

8. Garrett Olson, LHP

9. Pedro Beato, RHP

10. David Hernandez, RHP

11. James Hoey, RHP

I have been reading through this post and agree with the awesome discussion that is going on. We have been able to learn so much from others....

Now to my thoughts...As I have stated through the season, I can't believe Henson would be a top 10 player, most importantly because of the level of play he is, but I like his upside. Just not overly impressed.

As the list posted above is from a national source, I love to hear the local flavor. Since Britton is #10, but I would have to agree with Baseball Prospectus with Beato at #9, although my second guess is McCrory.

Hey D, who is that you're talking about? I know you're high on McCrory. But who else did you mean?

Hey D, who is that you're talking about? I know you're high on McCrory. But who else did you mean?

Yeah, I was talking about McCrory. I also really enjoyed watching Arrieta, but that may have been more excitement about seeing someone who'd been hyped as much as he had, and pretty much seeing him live up to it all. :) Anyway, McCrory is who I meant.

Archived