6/20: O's at Pirates

PrivateO

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He came out throwing hard in the first inning and lost the velocity in the 2nd. I don't know what the issue is but he has really looked poor tonight. His approach is pretty terrible. Maybe he just has nothing at all and he knows it so he is nibbling to get through five, but this is the exact opposite of how to pitch with a lead.

The Pirates have fouled off a bunch of pitches, but they've honestly missed a BUNCH of hittable pitches. The first two strikes to Cedeno were begging to be crushed. Luckily, Cedeno is pretty awful.

I was just gonna say that I went back through gameday pitch by pitch and and saw the his FB velo just kinda died in the 2nd inning. PitchFx also started to read it as a 4-seam rather than a 2-seam. I'm not watching the game, so is it fair to say that indicated a lack of movement on his FB?

I can see it coming. O's swing from the heels and get themselves out. Jake can't make it through the 5th. Buck brings in Gonzalez and Rapada who combine to give up 4 runs. Then Gregg gives up a 2 R HR in the 9th.

The mindset as an Orioles fan is a great thing isn't it? I can't say the thought hasn't slighty creeped into my mind tonight as well, you could tell early on Jake wasn't himself.

Jake is not aggressive enough yet IMO. He has enjoyed great run support most of the season but he nibbles and doesn't throw strikes early with a lead. He has some very good stuff but it seems he isn't confident enough to take the game in his hands at times....

I can see it coming. O's swing from the heels and get themselves out. Jake can't make it through the 5th. Buck brings in Gonzalez and Rapada who combine to give up 4 runs. Then Gregg gives up a 2 R HR in the 9th.

Come on Gordo...sometimes the glass is ACTUALLY half full

Archived