6/20: O's at Pirates

PrivateO

The mindset as an Orioles fan is a great thing isn't it? I can't say the thought hasn't slighty creeped into my mind tonight as well, you could tell early on Jake wasn't himself.

I had a falling out with the O's after Angelos bought the team, so I have less painful memories than most OH members. Mine are more fond memories of 60's and 70's. And yet, the Angelos era has affected me as well, those exact thoughts crossed my mind and kind of resulted in a "What the heck are you thinking moment?" So yeah, the last 13 seasons has taken its toll on even the casually connected fan.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I had a falling out with the O's after Angelos bought the team, so I have less painful memories than most OH members. Mine are more fond memories of 60's and 70's. And yet, the Angelos era has affected me as well, those exact thoughts crossed my mind and kind of resulted in a "What the heck are you thinking moment?" So yeah, the last 13 seasons has taken its toll on even the casually connected fan.

I was really young so I don't remember, but didn't most people welcome Angelos buying the team from Eli Jacobs?

I was really young so I don't remember, but didn't most people welcome Angelos buying the team from Eli Jacobs?

Mainly because there was a chance the team would get moved. Angelos absolutely wouldn't do that and he DID have a good rep in Balmer.

Frying pan into the fire when Mr Asbestos bought the O's. I was happy a local bought them because there was a real fear that they could be moved to Washington. The DC/Baltimore market is like #9 and Angelos went after it right away. Opened an O's store in DC, removed "Baltimore" from the road uniforms, removed "Baltimore" from our name. Just the O's. Everyone thought he was going to merge us in between the two cities. Not a good time and really turned off this Baltimore boy.

Archived