ORIOLES vs. YANKEES 4/09

OFFNY

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh well, Nova is a good pitcher but that's bad managing on Showalter. With Markakis up next, you bunt Hardy and Markakis' grounder scores a run.

In the 9th...sure. In the 3rd...no way. You don't take the bat out of Hardy's hands in that situation. Obviously it didn't work out, but that's baseball.

Oh well, Nova is a good pitcher but that's bad managing on Showalter. With Markakis up next, you bunt Hardy and Markakis' grounder scores a run.

I disagree, you don't give up outs. Hardy and Markakis are two of the teams better hitters and both have gone deep already this year. Let them swing.

Sac bunting there slightly increases your odds of scoring one run but lowers your chances of scoring more then one in the inning.

It is still early in the game, do you really think the Yanks don't score again?

I'm not an expert at this, but it looks like Nova's getting more leeway on the outside as far as balls and strikes go than Mausz, at least for lefties. Anyone? If I'm wrong, tell me I'm wrong.

Matusz is not getting anything close.

I disagree, you don't give up outs. Hardy and Markakis are two of the teams better hitters and both have gone deep already this year. Let them swing.

Sac bunting there slightly increases your odds of scoring one run but lowers your chances of scoring more then one in the inning.

It is still early in the game, do you really think the Yanks don't score again?

In hindsight, I'd have taken the 1 run. One run an inning is 9 runs, which is way above average. Let him swing away in different situations, sure, but the risk of getting 0 runs outweighed the risk of getting 2+. IMHO. Oh well, it's pointless now. It could have gone the other way with one little mistake from Nova...

Archived