vs. YANKEES 5/14

OFFNY

Injuring a starting pitcher is one of the hardest things to take for a team. That's really unfortunate, even if it is the MFYs. I have no dislike for Nova. Bad luck, kid :(

Edit: Amazing that he seems to be okay. It might come back to hurt him later in this game or in the long run though. That was a ROCKET. I imagine that ball hit him at between 100 and 125 mph.

I agree 100%. I never like to see an athlete injured during the course of play, no matter the team

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But the weird thing is, I don't know of any O's who have played in recent memory that act even remotely similar to Swisher. It's like we intentionally recruit players who are modest, quiet and self-contained... they only let their emotions show in the post-game and on walk-off wins.

We're even relatively unlikely to get into fights. I recall the bench-clearing brawl with Gregg and Ortiz, but overall the O's will take a lot of flak and not do that kind of thing. You can tell they're pissed but they don't do anything about it.

Kevin Millar reminds me of Swisher a bit. And I disliked Millar with the Red Sox, but loved him as an Oriole.

Archived