With 45 games to go, .400 ball gets us to .500+

Frobby

Would we all get banned if we started a thread that was fake, long, ongoing conversation between SG and JTrea on the 2012 Orioles? Heck, throw in fake RShack, Sapper, Old#5Fan, and bigbird while we're at it! :)

That would probably end up five-star gold!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bos (7 games left) * .727 Win % against = 5 wins (1 win, 6 games left)

Det (3 games left) * .333 Win % against = 1 win (2 wins)

Tex (3 games left) * .250 Win % against = 1 win (1 wins)

Tor (9 games left) * .556 Win % against = 5 wins (4 wins, 4 games left)

CWS (4 games left) * .750 Win % against = 3 wins (3 wins)

NYY (7 games left) * .455 Win % against = 3 wins (4 wins)

TB (6 games left) * .500 Win % against = 3 wins (3 wins, 3 games left)

SEA (3 games left) * .833 Win % against = 2 wins

OAK (3 games left) * .500 Win % against = 2 win (1 win)

Updated after TB and OAK series.

• 2 weeks later...
Bos (7 games left) * .727 Win % against = 5 wins (1 win, 6 games left)

Det (3 games left) * .333 Win % against = 1 win (2 wins)

Tex (3 games left) * .250 Win % against = 1 win (1 wins)

Tor (9 games left) * .556 Win % against = 5 wins (4 wins, 4 games left)

CWS (4 games left) * .750 Win % against = 3 wins (3 wins)

NYY (7 games left) * .455 Win % against = 3 wins (4 wins)

TB (6 games left) * .500 Win % against = 3 wins (3 wins, 3 games left)

SEA (3 games left) * .833 Win % against = 2 wins (3 wins)

OAK (3 games left) * .500 Win % against = 2 win (1 win)

Updated after SEA series. We are currently +2 in series completed.

Who would read it? I'd rather go to a discount store and try on work gloves, or open and close refrigerator doors, or rearrange my sock drawer instead.

After all the years of listening to Trea spout WAR and who we would need to sign to get to 90 wins. I would love to hear his explanation of this year....:laughlol:

The O's are now 64-53 with 45 games to play. 18 wins gets them to 82 for the season. That requires only .400 baseball from here on out.

Surpassed, Frank. :)

Right now, I'm focused more on the ~26 wins it would take to assure a playoff spot than the 18 wins it would take to be over .500 for the season.

We might even surpass that, too. :cool:

I think we'll need to surpass 90 to get in. I think we're going to need 92.

There is almost no way we will need 92. Tampa is already at 70 losses with 7 games to play. The Angels are losing right now and if the score holds, they will also be at 70 losses with 7 to play. Do you really think one of them will finish 6-1?

There is almost no way we will need 92. Tampa is already at 70 losses with 7 games to play. The Angels are losing right now and if the score holds, they will also be at 70 losses with 7 to play. Do you really think one of them will finish 6-1?

They are more than capable. They have the starting pitching to pull it off.

Angels just tied it up, btw.

90 wins means we only win 1 more game this year. The Angels have 8 games left counting today. They're 3 games back of us right now. If they go 6-2 and we go 1-5 we lose. If we go 1-5, that likely means that Tampa swept us, which would likely put them over us or at least put us into a Tie Breaker to get into the WC playoff.

90 wins means we only win 1 more game this year. The Angels have 8 games left counting today. They're 3 games back of us right now. If they go 6-2 and we go 1-5 we lose. If we go 1-5, that likely means that Tampa swept us, which would likely put them over us or at least put us into a Tie Breaker to get into the WC playoff.

In early August it really looked like 88-90 wins would get a wild card. It's almost certain now that 90 won't do it. I'm guessing 91 won't do it either. We'll know by Sunday night whether 92 would be enough, and what we need to do to get there.

Archived