Some stuff

bigbird

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Peace, you're blowing this Kuroda thing out of proportion. The Dodgers have decided that getting Kuroda would be "enough" for them (can't really blame them, their rotation is solid and the NL stinks). So sooner than giving up some excellent prospects for Bedard, they'd rather see if they sign Kuroda. In turn, the Orioles wish to wait to see what the Dodgers do, to make sure they don't take one deal when another would have been on the table.

Hence Kuroda holds up Bedard.

First it was Arod, than MCab, than Santana, now its a guy no one has ever seen pitch in the Major Leagues. If Im Bedard Im beside myself that this guy is getting more pub than me.

This is how major sports networks (cough, espn, cough) view baseball.

Red Sox, Yankees, Red Sox, Yankees, any Japan player, Red Sox, Yankees, Red Sox, Yankees... (repeat 2-dozen more times)... oh yea every other team in the majors.

Each of those players were linked to those teams in one way or another... its as simple as that.

boobs

I mean you would think at least after Haren was traded that Bedard would be next. But reading BB's report, we have to wait for another player to sign before we make a move. And AM is ready to make the move. They are waiting on the runway waiting for the good to go call.

haha, actually I do, He could careless about the pub.

Pardon my rant but Kuroda's agent has me really heated.

Agreed. I remember reading last Sunday - or was it Monday - that he was on a plane to LA to sign a contract. Now this crap. Watch the guy completely flop.

I mean you would think at least after Haren was traded that Bedard would be next. But reading BB's report, we have to wait for another player to sign before we make a move. And AM is ready to make the move. They are waiting on the runway waiting for the good to go call.

Once Kuroda signs, do you think we will make our trade almost instantaneously? ie. we know what we are doing under both scenarios?

Do we know the passengers on the plane on this hypothetical runway? :cool:

Peace, you're blowing this Kuroda thing out of proportion. The Dodgers have decided that getting Kuroda would be "enough" for them (can't really blame them, their rotation is solid and the NL stinks). So sooner than giving up some excellent prospects for Bedard, they'd rather see if they sign Kuroda. In turn, the Orioles wish to wait to see what the Dodgers do, to make sure they don't take one deal when another would have been on the table.

Hence Kuroda holds up Bedard.

so hmm, go with 4 years on someone unproven and could possibly be a bust.

Rather

Trade two or three prospects (who you can make up for down the road) for Eik Bedard. One of the best lefties in the game. Also someone who your new manager covets.

If I want to win now, I go with the latter

But its Erik Freakin Bedard. You would be an instant contender if you drafted him. If you want to win now with Joe Torre at the helm you trade for Bedard no matter what you give up.

But Peace look at from the other side.....they have what we dream of a stocked talented ML ready bunch of guys. We have a guy who they have never seen pitch and looks like he has only had 1 good year. All I keep hearing is " he hasnt even pitched 200 innings". They didnt see him in 2006 when he was the best pitcher in baseball before the AS break and the freak leg injury. They didnt see him to digest the 10.5K/9 pitching in the AL East.

He isnt a name like Beckett or even Haren. I bet 7 out of 10 Dodgers fans would rather have Haren just cus they know his name. I know 7 out of 10 Reds fans would because they had a poll.

What seems to get lost in all of this is that what the Dodgers need more than anything is more offense. They've got pitching.

Sure more is always better, but nevertheless, it becomes counterproductive to trade for Bedard if the lineup will be weakened (thinking specifically of Kemp).

It's much like how losing Pie to upgrade from DeRosa to Roberts doesn't make much sense for the Cubbies.

But Peace look at from the other side.....they have what we dream of a stocked talented ML ready bunch of guys. We have a guy who they have never seen pitch and looks like he has only had 1 good year. All I keep hearing is " he hasnt even pitched 200 innings". They didnt see him in 2006 when he was the best pitcher in baseball before the AS break and the freak leg injury. They didnt see him to digest the 10.5K/9 pitching in the AL East.

He isnt a name like Beckett or even Haren. I bet 7 out of 10 Dodgers fans would rather have Haren just cus they know his name. I know 7 out of 10 Reds fans would because they had a poll.

Yeah but they dont have to go on Youtube to see his latest outings. Plus he has pitched in the toughest division in baseball.

Thats good enough.

so hmm, go with 4 years on someone unproven and could possibly be a bust.

Rather

Trade two or three prospects (who you can make up for down the road) for Eik Bedard. One of the best lefties in the game. Also someone who your new manager covets.

If I want to win now, I go with the latter

Erik Bedard was one of the best lefties in the game in 2007. He's not one of the best lefties in the game, period.

Why did I even go there.

Archived