DD focused on a leftfielder and a DH in interview with MLBTR

wildcard

First I take offense to he Trea stuff. Second there are plenty of guys that we could've traded high on that we didn't. I like quite a few others here think the O's could use a MOO bat. I could tell you to go back and read all of my post ...but I'm sure you wouldn't invest the time. It's too easy to be ignorant and name call. I personally think the O's need two guys to bat in the middle of the lineup. Butler makes sense as a three hitter as he hits for average and power. I mentioned quite a few packages that did not mention Bundy. I do think we have surplus young starters and could afford to trade a few of them. Hamilton is a pure #4 hitter that the Orioles haven't had in years. He'd be a serious upgrade over what we had in the middle this season. For me it doesn't have to be Hamilton or Butler specifically. I don't care if it's by free agency or trade. But I expect them to improve the club. For years I listened to guys like you here cry about how we should not sign a top free agent as we aren't close enough to be competitive. I know Angelo's has the dough and DD said before the season that the payroll would go up with the attendance. It did like 20%! They also benefitted by an additional $8 million in playoff revenue. They shouldn't be trying to find what they need on the scrap pile or bargain bin. Angelos has taken the cheap and thrifty approach for more than ten years. He has the money to spend oh yeah and then there is MASN.

Your problem is you are not realistic. Just becasue Angelos has the money doesn't mean he has to spend it and the fact that you won't get that through your skull tells me all I need to know. Look, if we signed Hamilton to a 4 year, reasonable contract then I would be just fine with that. Furthermore, if we traded anyone not named Machado, Bundy, and Gausman to KC for Butler, I would be ecstatic. However, to continuously pound the drum to spend, spend, spend because Angelos has the money is just stupid and smacks of a former member who would continuously beat a dead horse to no avail. This team is simply not able to support outrageous contracts and loss of their affordable talent. Oh and BTW, anyone willing to even suggest they would trade Bundy for a DH loses credibility in my eyes! But feel free to take offense!

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Your problem is you are not realistic. Just becasue Angelos has the money doesn't mean he has to spend it and the fact that you won't get that through your skull tells me all I need to know. Look, if we signed Hamilton to a 4 year, reasonable contract then I would be just fine with that. Furthermore, if we traded anyone not named Machado, Bundy, and Gausman to KC for Butler, I would be ecstatic. However, to continuously pound the drum to spend, spend, spend because Angelos has the money is just stupid and smacks of a former member who would continuously beat a dead horse to no avail. This team is simply not able to support outrageous contracts and loss of their affordable talent. Oh and BTW, anyone willing to even suggest they would trade Bundy for a DH loses credibility in my eyes! But feel free to take offense!

Not to mention the substantial risk associated with Hamilton. The rumors say most teams are willing to go $20-25M per year, but its the years everyone is concerned about. Hamilton might be the highest reward, highest risk free agent ever. Lets say we sign him but he has a relapse issue next offseason, what do you do then when you basically have an ARod on your payroll?

And you have to look long term as well. We have a ton of internal payroll increases coming this year, but we have even higher amounts next off-season.. There is long term payroll constriction when the payroll is already in the $90-$100M range to maintain what you have.

This comment doesn't make a lot of sense. He was only a "top 20" player because the Orioles picked 19th.

Besides, as Frobby has pointed out before, outside of the top 5 picks, the probability of the draftee being an impact player exponentially decreases.

So he was the last guy selected in the first round?

So 11 other guys went in the first rd after the Orioles drafted. They must have seen something they liked in him. Thats all im saying. Not so much hed become a star, but at worst a contributor.

He was a contributor at the major league level. They just used him to acquire Sammy Sosa before he made it to the majors.

I dont need to have credibility in your eyes and you don't need to be a ________________. Personally I dont give a good crap about what you think!!!! Just because we don't agree that doesn't make you right. And personally I don't need to listen to you talk down to me like a little kid hiding behind a anonymous posting handle.Again I personally dont give a good crap what you think. I noticed you ignored the part about my offering of the bet, just like the other poster. But dont worry if/when Bundy falls short #1 starter top prospect status I will be sure to call you out on it.

So this year your list includes Bundy & Gausman .... A couple of years ago I'm sure it included Matusz, Arrieta, Tillman, & Britton. All four of these guys have looked pretty bad at some point over the last two seasons. Not one of them has established himself to what he was projected to be. Guys are calling Matusz a success because he had a few good weeks as a LOOGY. Personally he is a major bust based on where he was drafted. Arrieta has really been awful and has fallen far from what he was projected to be. Tillman was horrendous last season and it looks like he may be the lone guy to figure it out. Britton has been very ordinary since hurting his shoulder. My point is why not trade a few of these guys while their value is still intact?

I dont need to have credibility in your eyes and you don't need to be a ________________. Personally I dont give a good crap about what you think!!!! Just because we don't agree that doesn't make you right. And personally I don't need to listen to you talk down to me like a little kid hiding behind a anonymous posting handle.Again I personally dont give a good crap what you think. I noticed you ignored the part about my offering of the bet, just like the other poster. But dont worry if/when Bundy falls short #1 starter top prospect status I will be sure to call you out on it.

So this year your list includes Bundy & Gausman .... A couple of years ago I'm sure it included Matusz, Arrieta, Tillman, & Britton. All four of these guys have looked pretty bad at some point over the last two seasons. Not one of them has established himself to what he was projected to be. Guys are calling Matusz a success because he had a few good weeks as a LOOGY. Personally he is a major bust based on where he was drafted. Arrieta has really been awful and has fallen far from what he was projected to be. Tillman was horrendous last season and it looks like he may be the lone guy to figure it out. Britton has been very ordinary since hurting his shoulder. My point is why not trade a few of these guys while their value is still intact?

Talk about someone getting their panties in a bunch, wow.

I already made the point why it wasn't worth trading any of the 4 of them. Probability would tell you only 1 or 2 would make it and we needed all of the rotation help we could get. Now that the rotation is a little bit more stabilized, I am fine with trading one or two of them for offense help. But I am not including Gausman or Bundy, as both are more highly regarded then anyone on that list besides maybe Matusz.

Archived