Here goes

bigbird

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cinci can still trade for Bedard, but MacPhail is definitely reaching the point where it is time to put his cards on the table. Either trade him or extend him but you can't hold onto him for much longer. Teams have called his bluff and are moving on. The offers are as good as they are going to get.

I hope they extend him if they can but they need to be willing to spend alot of money. Which they can afford by the way. They also shouldn't be so choosey about were they trade him. If the Yankee's and Red Sox are willing to trade top prospects for him then they should make a deal.

If MacPhail passed up Bailey/Cueto and Votto because they refused to include Bruce, I will not be happy! :mad:

I think I see the hand writing on the wall on what is really going on after the Hamilton trade. Bruce is ready and will start the season with the Reds. We did get the Reds to discuss Bruce in a bedard trade. However it likely went somethink like this, Bruce, Votto and Stubbs for Bedard, Liz and Walker. In other words a Bruce deal was not happening from either sides position. The Hamilton trade will end up replacing Cueto/Bailey from there pitching depth and I think the move showed we were not interested in taking on Hamilton (which I think was a bad choice). I think the Reds will try to make a Cueto, Votto, Stubbs and Frazier/ Loo deal for Bedard and maybe someone like JJ. Just what I read into all this.

I think I see the hand writing on the wall on what is really going on after the Hamilton trade. Bruce is ready and will start the season with the Reds. We did get the Reds to discuss Bruce in a bedard trade. However it likely went somethink like this, Bruce, Votto and Stubbs for Bedard, Liz and Walker. In other words a Bruce deal was not happening from either sides position. The Hamilton trade will end up replacing Cueto/Bailey from there pitching depth and I think the move showed we were not interested in taking on Hamilton (which I think was a bad choice). I think the Reds will try to make a Cueto, Votto, Stubbs and Frazier/ Loo deal for Bedard and maybe someone like JJ. Just what I read into all this.

Can't you scratch this kid from a deal? He's the homesick one from Hawaii isn't he?

Archived