It's a New Year, let's turn the page here at the Hangout!

Tony-OH

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Your memory is completely on the money. I was livid after what happened with the GM candidate from Toronto, especially after all the reports on why it happened. Then, I was a fan of the moves that Duquette made which started sucking me back in. ST came along and the bug got me.

Hell, I watched the Texas playoff game, got on the internet, bought plane tickets, stayed at the Hilton just outside the gates, and went to games 1 and 2 against the Yanks. We were sitting just over the Orioles dugout for both games. Best $3K I ever spent.

I can't quit this team and my attempts to do so deserve any and all ribbing received.

At least now they seem worth your while. That playoff run will feed the beast for quite some time, and hopefully, the next 14 years will be a lot better than the 14 that preceded 2012.

Hell, I watched the Texas playoff game, got on the internet, bought plane tickets, stayed at the Hilton just outside the gates, and went to games 1 and 2 against the Yanks. We were sitting just over the Orioles dugout for both games. Best $3K I ever spent.

Me and my four-year-old, Sam, were at Game 1, sitting probably 100 feet from you. It's hard to describe but the experience that night was something else. Me and my youngest fighting through four hours of rain delay and cold and finally getting to see some baseball, bonding... Even if he was just done after five innings and we were long gone by the time they lost, it was great. Sometimes I almost get choked up looking at the picture I took of him in front of Brooksie's statue. Sam wore #5 in teeball and he definitely knows there was this great guy named Brooks who had the same number.

If my fandom ever waivered that was more than enough to bring me back.

Sam and Brooks.jpg

If it's any consolation, he credits you for getting him banned.

He caused himself to get banned. I had him on ignore but people would still quote his posts to me so I saw them anyway.

Anyway I will say I missed this site while away. And I am glad to be back. It may have it's flaws but it is the best Orioles forum by a long shot.

Me and my four-year-old, Sam, were at Game 1, sitting probably 100 feet from you. It's hard to describe but the experience that night was something else. Me and my youngest fighting through four hours of rain delay and cold and finally getting to see some baseball, bonding... Even if he was just done after five innings and we were long gone by the time they lost, it was great. Sometimes I almost get choked up looking at the picture I took of him in front of Brooksie's statue. Sam wore #5 in teeball and he definitely knows there was this great guy named Brooks who had the same number.

You took a CHILD to a BASEBALL GAME????? What were you thinking???????!!!!!!!111111

(Sorry, just holding down the fort until OldFan returns).

You definitely were not part of the problem, but there was a period where I was certainly part of the problem. I just absolutely campaigned against JTrea for a couple years. I maintain that my original premise regarding him was viable, but the energy and effort I put into "righting the wrong" seems so silly now.

Man does this bring back memories. It's incredible how some people can just get under our skin. SG was never really got under my skin like others, but Trea did and I mostly kept quiet about it. He seems like a nice enough guy, I just wish he could let the point he was always making go. Alas, he just couldn't do it.

I remember loving your posts about anything and everything that didn't involve Trea, but hating your posts about Trea because it was akin to pounding sand. I'm trying to recall if Lucky Jim was in the same boat or if I just got you two confused. If the latter, it's a compliment to both of you. Two excellent baseball posters.

Archived