I heard a lot of people saying the Twins line-up was an "AAA line up"...

NewMarketSean

I said their team was a good AAA team and of course I was exaggerating. That pitching staff ;however, is not very good and should have been crushed and will be crushed by year's end. However, who among those guys you listed are you concerned about? Joe Mauer is a very good hitter, one of the best at getting on base, but outside of 2009, he's never hit more than 13 home runs. Morneau? He hasn't been someone to be scared of since 2010. Willingham is underrated wit the bat and yes, he's legitimate guy that you should work around. Plouffe (.721 career OPS) and Doumit are run of the mill guys along Doumit is pretty decent against right-handers.

So to me, Mauer and Willingham are the only guys I'm too concerned over. Florimon, Dozier, Parmalee and Hicks are guys that are not very good even though the Orioles starters made them look a lot better than they are. If the Twins don't lose 90+ games this year I will be shocked. Of course they are not a AAA team, that was exaggeration for effect.

If your point is that the Twins lineup is not full of AAA hitters, you are right. But they are not a good offensive team and the season numbers should show that.

I said their team was a good AAA team and of course I was exaggerating. That pitching staff ;however, is not very good and should have been crushed and will be crushed by year's end. However, who among those guys you listed are you concerned about? Joe Mauer is a very good hitter, one of the best at getting on base, but outside of 2009, he's never hit more than 13 home runs. Morneau? He hasn't been someone to be scared of since 2010. Willingham is underrated wit the bat and yes, he's legitimate guy that you should work around. Plouffe (.721 career OPS) and Doumit are run of the mill guys along Doumit is pretty decent against right-handers.

So to me, Mauer and Willingham are the only guys I'm too concerned over. Florimon, Dozier, Parmalee and Hicks are guys that are not very good even though the Orioles starters made them look a lot better than they are. If the Twins don't lose 90+ games this year I will be shocked. Of course they are not a AAA team, that was exaggeration for effect.

If your point is that the Twins lineup is not full of AAA hitters, you are right. But they are not a good offensive team and the season numbers should show that.

Last year the Twins scored 11 fewer runs than we did. Since then, they lost Span and Casilla, and added Hicks and Florimon. Hicks is a decent prospect (BA #98) but he's jumping straight from AA and I doubt he'll come close to Span. We know about Florimon and I doubt he'll be an offensive upgrade for them. Overall, I don't see much reason to expect them to be better than last year offensively.

Archived