Gausman being called up?????

barellano

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know that it's well past the 2 weeks required of the extra year before free agency, but is it also enough time for the arbitration ??? The timing is similar to when we called up Wieters in late May of 2009.

Probably not late enough. Between 2009 and now, the new CBA made it a bit easier to become a Super Two. If Gausman comes up now and never goes back down, he'll be a Super Two after 2015. And we should be so lucky. Every young pitcher we've called up in recent years has gone back to the minors at some point. If Gaysman never goes back down that can only be great news.

I really wish we would just to sign the people we need to in the offseason. We wouldn't need to rush people. If he doesn't work out, then what?

I was on the conservative path with him too, as I stated in his thread.

He's up now though, so I'm just going to get behind him. Like a few other posters stated in that other thread, he didn't come right out of high school, he pitched (well) for 2 years at a Division-I college in the Southeastern Conference, so maybe he's ready.

I was on the conservative path with him too, as I stated in his thread.

He's up now though, so I'm just going to get behind him. Like a few other posters stated in that other thread, he didn't come right out of high school, he pitched (well) for 2 years at a Division-I college in the Southeastern Conference, so maybe he's ready.

He looked ready this spring.

Archived