Do you like the Feldman trade?

Tony-OH

How do you feel about the Feldman trade?  

295 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the Feldman trade?

• I love it: The Oriole are going to the World Series now
    • I like it: The Orioles are a better team
    • I don't like it: The team is not improved
    • I hate it: We are worse off then before the trade.

This poll is closed to new votes

I think they are a better club. He should provide some consistency toward the back end of the rotation. It doesn't clinch a World Series, but the team is better now than they were yesterday. Hopefully they're not done yet.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like it. Strop was totally lost, and with no options, they had to hide him in the bullpen and save him for blowouts. Clearly that strategy could only last for so long. Arrieta has so much potential, but it's not like he didn't have ample opportunities to show that here. If anything, he regressed. As has been said elsewhere, a change of scenery could do them both a world of good. As for Feldman, he's got to be better than TBA in the 5th starter role (or wherever they slot him). This allows them to send Gausman back to Norfolk (I assume) and maybe throw Britton in the pen as a long man. Either that, or send him down as well. Not a world beating move by any stretch, but solid.

I think with the right minor league coaching, Arrietta could have figured it out and so could Strop, but when you have the best offense and defense in the league, then that's when you eschew future development for making a current run at a title. So I'm more than okay with this trade because Feldman will help us win games now; Arrietta and Strop will not.

No sense in worrying about it. Let's wait and see how he does.

Correct.

But, seriously, this is the missing piece and will propel us to the World Series. Dang, somebody is drinking the kool-aid.

This is a good team and has a very good shot at making the WS, with or within Feldman.

But, seriously, this is the missing piece and will propel us to the World Series. Dang, somebody is drinking the kool-aid

Who said anything like that? I don't see one comment on this board even close to this.

I think they'll be a better team simply with a ML average reliever in the bullpen over Strop.

I'd hope Britton could do a similar job to Feldman, but I suppose depth is good.

We all would hope that, but considering Britton has not completed a quality start yet this season, I'll take my chances with a guy with a 60% rate this season. I like Britton, but I'm starting to wonder whether he could be a lights out three-inning Arthur Rhodes-type reliever for us this season. He could have a lot of value in that role and save the bullpen on some nights.

So... exactly one person? Okay.

There are some people on here where this really does fit the bill. "What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

I voted number 4, even though I don't agree with the full wording, just part of it. I do think it short term "may" make the team slightly better. However, I don't like the trade long term. I think Arrieta should have been tried first out of the pen and I think Strop should have been put on the DL. That I would have liked before making this move.

Archived