Roch contradicts OH report

fearthenoodle

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys, today is Goose Gossage's day so MLB probably doesn't want to announce any trades. It is certainly MacPhail's and the front office's right to claim nothing is final because they are right, until MLB announces the trade it's not final.

I feel pretty good about the information I had because it cames from two sources in two different circles of baseball. Now, have I talked with Andy MacPhail himself, no, so there is always a chance something is different, but I felt good enough to post it on the front page after having things confirmed to me privately. Again, I was told 100 percent.

Now, I don't expect the front office to confirm it, and I expect a lot of people will slam me for being inaccurate, but let's just say I'm not just basing this off a rumor from the board.

Guys, today is Goose Gossage's day so MLB probably doesn't want to announce any trades. It is certainly MacPhail's and the front office's right to claim nothing is final because they are right, until MLB announces the trade it's not final.

I feel pretty good about the information I had because it cames from two sources in two different circles of baseball. Now, have I talked with Andy MacPhail himself, no, so there is always a chance something is different, but I felt good enough to post it on the front page after having things confirmed to me privately. Again, I was told 100 percent.

Now, I don't expect the front office to confirm it, and I expect a lot of people will slam me for being inaccurate, but let's just say I'm not just basing this off a rumor from the board.

I haven't seen you report anything that hasn't come down sooner or later so I'm sure this will be confirmed within a couple of days. MacPhail is saying what he should be saying until the deal is completely finalized.

By all our sources here and Tony as well. It's at the MLB offices meaning it's done but it doesn't become official until MLB approves it. Roch and MacPhail probably can't confirm anything until it's official. That's the beauty of the Hangout...

It's called covering ones ass.

Cool Tony, thanks.

Any idea as to when it'll be announced?

Cool Tony, thanks.

Any idea as to when it'll be announced?

No idea, but I would assume it would be announced shortly meaning tomorrow or the next day.

One other thing, I respect the hell out of Andy MacPhail for playing his cards close here. He has no reason to confirm anything right now because he may still be working with other clubs and it may include some of the players he's acquired. (This is my opinion and not based on any source).

I was thinking this before you posted, and I'm sure they would not want to take away from that. So many different people are getting wind of this trade from so many sources, where there's smoke there's fire. We trust you, and it will be handled when they cross T's and dot i's. Thanks for throwing us rabid impatient fans info when you can!

Roch did also post this in the comments section of his blog:

It could mean a lot of things. We could be dealing in semantics here. Maybe the two sides are waiting for MLB approval - a formality here - or maybe the players involved are different from what's being reported. Or maybe none of it's true. Right now, at this hour, I'm just relaying what the Orioles are saying.

No idea, but I would assume it would be announced shortly meaning tomorrow or the next day.

One other thing, I respect the hell out of Andy MacPhail for playing his cards close here. He has no reason to confirm anything right now because he may still be working with other clubs and it may include some of the players he's acquired. (This is my opinion and not based on any source).

Good point Tony.....Roster moves also need to be made. BTW I was told some pitching, maybe Marshall may be moved in other deals.

Archived