Roch contradicts OH report

fearthenoodle

No idea, but I would assume it would be announced shortly meaning tomorrow or the next day.

One other thing, I respect the hell out of Andy MacPhail for playing his cards close here. He has no reason to confirm anything right now because he may still be working with other clubs and it may include some of the players he's acquired. (This is my opinion and not based on any source).

I'll go further than that with opinion. The thought that keeps crossing my mind is that someone he acquired is being flipped in a Bedard deal to the Mariners. And MacPhail is looking forward to announcing both trades close together. And OH's scoop potentially steals some of that thunder.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good point Tony.....Roster moves also need to be made. BTW I was told some pitching, maybe Marshall may be moved in other deals.

That makes sense. I just got an email that the names coming in might not be what has been reported. Also...told two more deals in the works and are close to completion.

Guys, today is Goose Gossage's day so MLB probably doesn't want to announce any trades. It is certainly MacPhail's and the front office's right to claim nothing is final because they are right, until MLB announces the trade it's not final.

I feel pretty good about the information I had because it cames from two sources in two different circles of baseball. Now, have I talked with Andy MacPhail himself, no, so there is always a chance something is different, but I felt good enough to post it on the front page after having things confirmed to me privately. Again, I was told 100 percent.

Now, I don't expect the front office to confirm it, and I expect a lot of people will slam me for being inaccurate, but let's just say I'm not just basing this off a rumor from the board.

This makes since to me. MLB is known to keep info quiet during big events.

That makes sense. I just got an email that the names coming in might not be what has been reported. Also...told two more deals in the works and are close to completion.

Are you hearing Murton still part of the deal???? No Cedeno????

Archived