The BRob Effect

webbrick2010

You saw my last quote at 11:03 right? It's ppl like u that make ppl like me really annonyed. I'm here giving my opinions and u have to get smart. Why? Also, if you can't differenciate between Under/Over, then u should be warned.

3 -2 -1 RELEASED

You know this is Tony site....if you do your really as dumb as you sound in this argument.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You saw my last quote at 11:03 right? It's ppl like u that make ppl like me really annonyed. I'm here giving my opinions and u have to get smart. Why? Also, if you can't differenciate between Under/Over, then u should be warned.

What are you talking about? I was trying to help you out, not warn you. That's what we do around here for new people. "Lighten up Francis!"

Plus, seriously, what are you talking about?

3 -2 -1 RELEASED

You know this is Tony site....if you do your really as dumb as you sound in this argument.

No i am apparently unaware of that. Sorry to disrespect if i did. I just do not understand the hostility over such issues. Everyone is entitles to their opinions right? Apparently not on here...

No i am apparently unaware of that. Sorry to disrespect if i did. I just do not understand the hostility over such issues. Everyone is entitles to their opinions right? Apparently not on here...

What opinion were you not allowed to have? I just told you were using the quoting feature wrong. This is like some bizarro world argument you are having with me. Where was the hostility? Where did anyone tell you you could not have an opinion?

On THAT particular play! You act like I'm saying on every play at 2B Roberts is better, and i am NOT!

No, actually I was quoting you saying another poster had taken you out of context when that was quite impossible given your language.

That is something that is scrutinized very closely around here.

How do feel about Roberts steroid use? No big deal? He gets a pass because he said,"I'm sorry." Was he a cheater like Bonds? He admitted it. Did he sign a ball for you or something?

I've no objection to a defensive replacement for Roberts in the 9th inning, and in fact I was going to make a thread asking why Buck didn't pull him in the 9th this series. No, I'm not knocking Roberts on his defense although from my eyes his range is pretty diminished, but it would have been a fine time to get Flaherty or Cassilla in for some playing time and kept Brian a little fresher.

[QUOTE=Can_of_corn;3213555]I have tried to be patient with you but I think it is clear that you are trolling. These are concepts that should not be difficult to understand and yet you keep claiming ignorance while drawing out the conversation.

I am done amusing you.

What opinion were you not allowed to have? I just told you were using the quoting feature wrong. This is like some bizarro world argument you are having with me. Where was the hostility? Where did anyone tell you you could not have an opinion?

I'm not talking about any hostility with you man, Can of Corn's comments were what i was referring to.

What i don't understand is that i basically agree with everyone on most of these issues. I agree that Roberts should be replaced late in games. I agree that he has lost some range over the years, i agree that Flaherty has more range. But i do NOT think that Roberts is "bad" or "way below average like most seem to think. I am a Brob fan and maybe that scuse my opinion of him, but imo he is not terrible and has not cost us any games.

What i don't understand is that i basically agree with everyone on most of these issues. I agree that Roberts should be replaced late in games. I agree that he has lost some range over the years, i agree that Flaherty has more range. But i do NOT think that Roberts is "bad" or "way below average like most seem to think. I am a Brob fan and maybe that scuse my opinion of him, but imo he is not terrible and has not cost us any games.

He's not terrible, he's not the best defensive option, but he's not the huge liability in the field that he's made out to be. He's the only 2B we have that can handle a bat, as well.

He's not terrible, he's not the best defensive option, but he's not the huge liability in the field that he's made out to be. He's the only 2B we have that can handle a bat, as well.

You took the words out of my mouth

For me, it comes down to how well is BRob going to hit. The other two are better defenders at this point, so BRob needs to outhit them by an appreciable amount to help the team. I like what I've seen the last two weeks or so, and it's a matter of whether he can keep doing it.

Respect is typically earned around here. Often it takes some time to achieve. Nobody is going to begrudge you of your opinion. However many new posters fail to have any facts to back up how they feel. That will certainly make the transition from the Sportsdaily or Baltimore Sun boards to here difficult .

Just some friendly advice feel free to take it FWIW. Thanks

Archived