vs. Red Sox 7-28

scOtt

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They aren't slumping, they are regressing to the mean. Neither of them were as good as they were hitting. Much like Iglesias for Boston, who was batting .430 for 200 AB's and has lost .100 points off his average and its still falling.

I didn't expect them to do the same as the first half, but they are better players than their showing now. They will turn it around but I hope it is soon cause we really need it.

Too many holes on this team to win the division this year. Some good breaks, timely performances and a little magic carried the O's last year but the roster as presently constructed won't compensate for it this year.

I realize not every team can have a true "#1 starter" but a contender sure can't afford two #5s. Add to that an unproductive DH slot in the lineup and this team will make it interesting until the beginning of Sept and then they will fall off.

Even last year they fell to 10 games back and it could be pretty close to that in the next week or so.

Done with this team. Pulling for Tampa to win the division because I hate the rest of the division with a passion. It's going to be the same old BS during the offseason with us making mediocre moves because we "can't spend money" and the other teams go out and improve themselves dramatically. The magic from last year is gone. This team is going to play spoiler at best in September.

Gotta love the Hangout. Just last week, a thread was started suggesting that we are the best team in the AL. Now this. Ah, the highs and lows of a baseball season.

Archived